Brumation feeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMHbeardie

My approx 1 year old beardie has been in brumation for about 2 months now (from what I understand it can last from 1 week to several months). He is not losing weight and seems very healthy during this process. My question is, he sometimes wakes up and comes out to bask which I attempt to feed him dubias, which if he is up will eat, and fresh greens (mustard and collard). But he almost never eats the greens. Is there alternatives to live roaches and fresh greens I can leave in the cage for when I miss his impromptu appearances? Thank you for any assistance in advance.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They can do well without food while brumating. I would give him drops of water on his nose to lick up to keep him hydrated, especially if he makes an appearance (but offer weekly or so either way). If he wants a snack when he's up it's probably fine to give him a little bit, especially if you can keep him up long enough for a poop. Don't offer a lot of food though. I haven't run into issues offering snacks but a lot of food sitting still not being digested might cause issues. Fortunately they seem to just not be very hungry during this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom