Eating habit changes and health concern

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmbrewer

My beardie's name is Raven. She is precious. I have had her for about 9 months, so she is probably around 11 months to a year old. About a week ago she seemed to take no interest in crickets any more. I offer them everyday and she has no interest. She is still eating her greens very well and has been a great greens eater since I got her. She sometimes eats freeze dried meal worms. She is still active; actually in the past week she has realized she can knock over her large tree stand and rides it like a roller coaster. We have cameras on her and it seems to be a fun game for her. My other concern is she has not had a "good" poo in a week or so. She would normally have a "good" poo every other day to every two days. She seems to be just having, what I would call, a "squirt". The "squirt" is a bit dark still with a little white in it. I am not sure what to do???

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Can you review your tank setup a little with us, so we can be sure everything is all correct?
Such as the temperatures in the tank, the type/brand of UVB lighting, supplementation,
& some pictures of her along with her tank setup, too.
Is she basking as she normally does, or has she been sitting on the cooler end of her tank?

Tracie

tmbrewer

Original Poster
96457-9061957448.jpg
96457-2559110420.jpg
Hi Tracie,

Thank you so much for replying. I have attached a couple pictures like you asked. Raven is still basking and her basking temperature is about 95 degrees. She also has a cooler side which is around 80 degrees. She is still very active. She also is eating superworms now since the weekend. She stopped wanting crickets and LOVES the superworms. She also loves her greens and always has. Someone told me to try organic baby food prunes so this evening she licked that off my finger. I am concerned about her not having a big poo. She has little squirts.
I am thankful for any advice,
Tammy

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Tammy,

Raven is a great name! She looks very good in the picture.
One thing I can see is the tube bulb in the tank, is it mounted on the back wall? If so,
I would recommend trying to get it mounted directly overhead so that the UVB shines
right down onto her.
So she liked the prune baby food? A lot do tend to change eating preferences, too. You
can also try calcium worms or silkworms, along with the superworms. Keep trying with
the crickets & you could consider dubias, too.
I'm glad to hear she is basking though & active. That's great she loves her greens, too. So
many are not good about eating their greens. LOL
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom