Any Chance She Can Recover?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's good to hear !! So yes, almost 99.9 % positive this was caused by the metacam + the heart meds, both can cause confusion + dizziness, the metacam can cause seizures. Hopefully it will get out of her system and she might recover.

thecatinator

Original Poster
I see, thanks for the info. Her last dose of Meloxicam was last Saturday. I know that it takes awhile for reptiles to get stuff completely out of their system so I definitely don't want to give up hope on her yet.

I'm really hoping this isn't because of a stroke or something...

In your opinion should I stop the Enalapril for now?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Personally I would. She's been through the ringer and any forced meds. are going to be traumatizing being as they already broke her jaw. But you have to make that decision.

This all started because she lost a bit of weight during brumation ? My dragons always lose some weight, and by the pics you posted of your girl she had plenty of weight on her to not resort to all the mess the vet put her through.

thecatinator

Original Poster
Yes we wanted to check on her after she started showing signs of waking up from brumation and to see if she was egg-bound. I don't think I posted a picture of her right after brumation (she gained 18 grams after I started syringe feeding her) but either way, I do think the medication may have taken a toll on her...

I'll continue to provide the best care I can for her and I'll post updates here as well. Thank you all for your insight and encouragement.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great that she is starting to do a bit better, & that the Adeno test came back negative. I
figured it would because the symptoms weren't true symptoms of Adeno & they started after
the medication was given.
This is an atrocity for sure, wow, this entire thing is your vet's fault, I totally agree!
It is quite a common thing for them to have some weight loss during brumation, not a lot but,
some. So,I don't think she really ever needed any of the excess feeding or medications other
than maybe a quick round for the mouth issue she had. I can't even imagine the pain that she
has been going through after them breaking her jaw. :cry:
I would stop all medications at the moment, to let her system normalize again. Are they
sure she has a heart condition?
Definitely keep us updated on her, I hope she is feeling better soon.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your girl doing today, any improvements?
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
tathecat563":1t9qjp24 said:
I see, thanks for the info. Her last dose of Meloxicam was last Saturday. I know that it takes awhile for reptiles to get stuff completely out of their system so I definitely don't want to give up hope on her yet.

I'm really hoping this isn't because of a stroke or something...

In your opinion should I stop the Enalapril for now?

Keep her warm 24/7 for a few weeks (night and day , never under 28 degC) , this will help boost her metabolism and immune system and might help her purge/detoxify a bit quicker.

thecatinator

Original Poster
I believe she is improving modestly. Unfortunately, she may have permanent neurological damage as she now waddles to move around.

She is still not interested in solid foods and will only eat when I syringe feed her. Also, I am only able to continue doing this for another 10 days or so and have been looking for a rehoming service or a reptile rescue agency in the Bay Area or the Midwest.

I believe she has a good shot and with the right owner who can patiently syringe feed her, she can still life a long and fulfilled life. Do you guys have any recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom