Bath/Shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

xAnaBooo

Hatchling Member
Hi, I just got my new baby beardie almost 2 weeks ago, he's let me pet his leg but he struggles when I try to pick him up which is understandable, and I'm patient. But his tail* is in shed and he isn't have a very good time, there is still extremely loose skin just stuck to the back of his neck and on his head near his nose, so I want to give him a bath, but he won't let me pick him up. I don't want to force anything or stress him out even more, because he seems a little more fidgety and scared of me than he did a few days ago, before I tried giving him a bath and a few pets. Should I just wait on the bath until he warms up to me more (i'm trying to pet him daily, but he could also be acting more afraid because his tail is shedding)? I really don't want this to be one of those cases where his tail never finishes shedding and he'll need to have it amputated, i'm just worried like that :lol: any advice would help

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like handling in general is still a bit stressful so I'd definitely hold off on the baths. They are pretty good about shedding on their own so Just let him be. Maybe give him a rough surface to rub up against like a habba hut (the bark is nice and rough) or similar. I wouldn't worry about the shed unless you see it constricting a finger/toe or part of the tail. Sometimes the sheds do take a while to complete but that is normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom