Stuck shed not coming off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ash has had stuck shed for about a week and it hasn't been coming off. I have been giving 5-10 min. baths every other day and dripping water on her skin to moisturizing it. I goes from her neck to the start of her tail. It is really starting to concern me and I hope it doesn't start to constrict her blood flow. The reason that baths are so short is because she sticks her head under and takes a long drink so that hydrates her enough. I didn't realize until now that baths to hydrate skin should be much longer. I know that I need to make the baths a lot longer, but what else can I do? I am mostly worried that it has been on too long and has started to constrict blood flow. Is a week too long fo it, or is she going to be fine?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Beardies shed in stages, nothing to worry about. Adults can have shed linger for more than a month sometimes. You don't have to bathe excessively or try to scrub, it will come off when it's ready. If your tank is very dry [ low humidity ] you can spritz it 1-2X a day to increase humidity, that can aid in shedding.

Flapjack6260

Original Poster
AHBD":19zq7yim said:
Adults can have shed linger for more than a month sometimes.
I forgot to mention she is not an adult. Not sure exactly how old she is, because she has a REALLY long tail, so the length=age things seem kind of inaccurate to me. Thinking maybe 4-5 months. She is about 15 inches, about 7 from nose to vent. Anyways, will she still be ok at her age? I don't take many pictures, and she is asleep right now, so here are the best recent pics I have:

100349-879626484_small.jpg

100349-850752811_small.jpg

100349-4305471145_small.jpg

Lol I know her tank looks messy. I try to tidy it up every day, but she gets her pellets everywhere and likes to dig up her paper towels. :lol:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's no problem. I've raised loads of beardies + seen many lingering sheds. Not a problem at all. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom