Ventalation

Discuss substrates, lighting, heating, enclosure building ideas, share enclosure photos, and talk about any other enclosure-related topics.

Ventalation

Postby Kruked » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:53 pm

I'm doing a custom enclosure and the glass panels that are originally on the hutch thingy can be removed. I would like to replace the 3 glass panels with a wire mesh of some sort that has a rubberized coating to prevent nose damage to my dragon. The 2 outer panes are about 3 - 3 1/2 feet tall by about 6 inches in width. The center has the same height and is about 10 inches wide.

Please take a moment to look at the 3 pictures and tell me what you think about the ventalation.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rpF782YSQVsNC4sEA
Kruked
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Ventalation

Postby CooperDragon » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:38 pm

That's a nice tall enclosure. You may not need as much ventilation as you think. I might leave the glass in place and put vents along the two back wooden areas. Some circular or rectangular vents, maybe two on each panel - one low and one high - should do the trick.
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

Re: Ventalation

Postby kingofnobbys » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:22 am

I agree , nice display cabinet .

Will make a very nice viv for a dragon if placed on it's side.

Regarding ventilation : some in cupboard vents in the back timber panel.
cupboard vents like these https://www.ebay.com.au/p/2-Pack-Cupboa ... 725&chn=ps for the lower cool zone air vents.
CBDs: Puff (M)(RIP 10Dec2015 @ 3.2 yrs old (aneurism)),Rex (F)(RIP 16Mar2017 @ 4.6 yrs old,Toothless (M)(sudden unexplained death RIP 26Nov2017) @ 2.1 yrs old.Peppa (F) (born 15Nov2015).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : Lucky (M)(wild juvenile), cat attack rescue, fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.Wriggles (F)(rescued injured),thought she was a big lizard, 7-8 yrs old, died in her sleep, RIP 2Feb2016). Fluffy (F) rescued 14Nov2017 about 4 yrs old . .
kingofnobbys
BD.org Addict

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Enclosures