Looking for Suggestions for Next BD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

We recently (last Friday) lost our beloved Toothless. After seeing my sister's dragon, I fear he may have been sick since we got him as he was never as flexible as hers is and he did not use his rear legs like hers did.

Knowing that and that I likely did the best job I could, I recently discovered more supplements and such so I have a few questions before we get another:

1) Should I use Repti-Safe for water? I never did with the other beardie, but neither does my sister.

2) I just ordered Calcium with out D3. I saw someone post that if using MVB, use Calcium without D3 so does that mean to use Calcium with D3 if not using MVB?

3) Herpivite? I used it twice weekly on days I did not give calcium. I read that babies need iron, but should I dose iron or should I leave that to the insects?

4) Bee Pollen? Never used before, but should I add that to daily supplements?

5) Probiotic? Should I get some to use daily or is this only to be used with antibiotics?

6) Black Cherry Concentrate? Should I use daily or should I dose only if there is a potential gout issue?

7) Serrapeptase? Should I use daily or only if sick/injured?

I had my lighting/uv/cleaning down ok from what I have read. Is there a way to measure UV though?

Thanks in advance.

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
massconfusion149":3eoekgjc said:
Hello,

We recently (last Friday) lost our beloved Toothless. After seeing my sister's dragon, I fear he may have been sick since we got him as he was never as flexible as hers is and he did not use his rear legs like hers did.

Knowing that and that I likely did the best job I could, I recently discovered more supplements and such so I have a few questions before we get another:

1) Should I use Repti-Safe for water? I never did with the other beardie, but neither does my sister.
i like using reptisafe in case of chlorine so, I do recommend it unless you buy bottled FILTERED water. But even that can have some chlorine

2) I just ordered Calcium with out D3. I saw someone post that if using MVB, use Calcium without D3 so does that mean to use Calcium with D3 if not using MVB?
Dont use calcium D3 with any UVB UNLESS they are growing/are babies because little babies need a bit if D3 for a boost

3) Herpivite? I used it twice weekly on days I did not give calcium. I read that babies need iron, but should I dose iron or should I leave that to the insects?
i use herpivite and its very good, it doesn't include vitA. Give them iron through the supplement because I read the ingredients and it says there is iron in the supplement.

4) Bee Pollen? Never used before, but should I add that to daily supplements?
bee pollen is good, but only supplement it with food once a week

5) Probiotic? Should I get some to use daily or is this only to be used with antibiotics?
is your beardie sick? If not, then don't do anything this can cause harm. And I would recommend to ask a EXPERIENCED vet on this as this community is not filled with vets

6) Black Cherry Concentrate? Should I use daily or should I dose only if there is a potential gout issue?
use it occasionally. Too much can cause harm. Use it once a week as well or once every two weeks

7) Serrapeptase? Should I use daily or only if sick/injured?
you can use it daily as it does not harm beardies at all.

I had my lighting/uv/cleaning down ok from what I have read. Is there a way to measure UV though?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom