Strange behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rony

(Sorry if I wrote something bad, I’m from Spain) so I have a beardie that is almost 1 year old. He is under mbd treatment (when I got him he already had mbd). Now the thing is he is normally out basking but now he decides to be the majority of the day in his hide, but he’s awake. He eats and drinks well, so I’m not sure if he is starting to go through brumation or something. Right now it’s almost winter, tho he has his heat lamp on about 11 hours and a half per day. Do you know what’s happening to him? (I’m a very paranoid person lol)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Rony":2avbiuc9 said:
(Sorry if I wrote something bad, I’m from Spain) so I have a beardie that is almost 1 year old. He is under mbd treatment (when I got him he already had mbd). Now the thing is he is normally out basking but now he decides to be the majority of the day in his hide, but he’s awake. He eats and drinks well, so I’m not sure if he is starting to go through brumation or something. Right now it’s almost winter, tho he has his heat lamp on about 11 hours and a half per day. Do you know what’s happening to him? (I’m a very paranoid person lol)

11.5 hr per day is WAY TOO SHORT a photoperiod , bump it up by about 4 hours per day …. he's too young to be allowed to brumate over his first winter …. he'll stay awake and will continue eating, growing and basking, but might slow down a bit (even if it wasn't winter at his age).

How old is the UV source ?
What is the UV source ?
How is it installed ?
How far from the basking spot is it ?

Basking spot temperature ?
warm zone temperature ?
cool zone temperature ?
Overnight viv temperatures ?

Substrate used ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, your English is fine, better than some people born in the U.S. :) So what kind of treatment have you started and what symptoms of MBD does he have ? Does he seem to be hiding since the treatment started ? One thing you can do is to increase the hours up to 14 per day to try to get him more active. Pictures of him and his enclosure would help here to show what condition he's in. Here's how to post pics :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom