Beardie isn't growing much! Not eating enough either!

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Beardie isn't growing much! Not eating enough either!

Postby Empyreal » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:35 am

So I've had Wasabi for almost 5 weeks now and I haven't seen a lot of growth. I figured it was uvb and i just fixed that today with a makeshift reflector so I'm sure that will help. He's running around and climbing more, but he's not eating very much. He'll eat a max of like 5 superworms a day and I know that's not nearly enough. He wont eat greens but he likes the occasional carrots slices a lot. I'm just worried because I've heard they're supposed to grow an inch a week as babies. He's only 6.5 inches.

I was going to get waxworms to give in moderation (because I know they can get "addicted") so he can bulk up a bit? And maybe some applesauce to mix calcium in?

I'd appreciate any advice!
Empyreal
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Beardie isn't growing much! Not eating enough either!

Postby kingofnobbys » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:56 am

How old is he ?
How much does he weigh ?
What's his length (nose to tip of tail) ?

Exactly what UV source are you using ?
How far is it from the basking spot ?
is it ontop of a mesh lid ?
CBDs: Puff (M)(RIP 10Dec2015 @ 3.2 yrs old (aneurism)),Rex (F)(RIP 16Mar2017 @ 4.6 yrs old,Toothless (M)(sudden unexplained death RIP 26Nov2017) @ 2.1 yrs old.Peppa (F) (born 15Nov2015).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : Lucky (M)(wild juvenile), cat attack rescue, fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.Wriggles (F)(rescued injured),thought she was a big lizard, 7-8 yrs old, died in her sleep, RIP 2Feb2016). Fluffy (F) rescued 14Nov2017 about 4 yrs old . .
kingofnobbys
BD.org Addict

Re: Beardie isn't growing much! Not eating enough either!

Postby Empyreal » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:37 pm

All I know is that he is seven inches
I have a reptisun compact 10.0 18inch tube
His lights are on top a mesh lid.
And all his spots are between 10-12 inches from the light depending on how high he climbs.
Empyreal
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Health