Beardie losing weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cjkingdom99

101352-9739822302.jpg
101352-5780218369.jpg
101352-8603228377.jpg
101352-3951331074.jpg
so my bearded dragon is 8 months old and doesn’t have any problem eating. However, he seems to be getting dehydrated/ malnourished. He’s losing weight at the bottom of his ribs and his fat pads seem to be going down. I’ve been feeding him wax worms and super worms for fat every day (about 7 supers, 5 or 6 was), he always has beardie buffet in there and gets veggies every other day, his food gets misted and he gets baths 2 times a week. It seems to be that I’m I’ve feeding him but he still isn’t looking good. I’ve felt his belly for impaction but can’t find any, his cage temps are good,he’s very active, etc. he just looks bad to me, ahhh! Help!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't rely on a heavily fat diet. That is likely to cause health problems in the long run. They can put on plenty of weight with a well balanced diet of veges and lean bugs. I would try offering some roaches or horn worms and see how those go over. I'd offer a salad daily as well. He looks alert and active which is good. I would keep checking his weight on a kitchen scale and keep a log of it so you can track if he is actually losing or gaining weight. If he is losing weight then a vet visit might be a good idea for a checkup and to see how his systems are functioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom