Broly the new super saiyan beardie

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
Sorry ive been away for a while, I will say i went through much of the same bullying, though they didnt dare shove me in a locker because they knew i had a few friends and an olde rbrother that wouldnt hesitate to protect me if they had to. That and tossing about sacks of 50 lb feed about and lifting 150 lb posts didnt make them feel like really trying me. I was quiet and introverted, most days you could find me under the stairs reading. I did have rumors passed about that werent pg13 and all were about me. I over came these rumors and many of those that did believe them at first watched me and knew i wouldnt do those things.... but they found other things to hate me on.

the reason why i havent been on much is because im busy, one of the things as of late is that draconis fell off his bridge and all the vets i called said they dont take him and the only vet i found that could take him without delay is nearly 3 hours away, though theres one 1.5 hours away but they are booked for the most part and charge an arm and a leg for emergency appointments. My hand was forced to care for him the best i can and i was told by the vet 3 hours away to just keep doing what im doing with him. If you want updates i have one post in er with the details and an update post in health. Also with the hiding vegies or favorite food thing, i have done that and mine just picks around the other things even spitting them out when he can eat on his own. Heck he even spit out some basil at me while hand feeding him, i made him eat it anyways but it was showing that his personality is intact! BTW what possesed them to evaluate you when you clearly cant have faked years of the symptoms? I kinda know what you went through with that.....because they reevaluate me everytime i turn around. Oh and to those that dont know, one can have adhd and not have the same hyperactivity as others, mine actually clicks on and off and manifests in different ways than the cookie cutter mold they put the hyperactivity part in years ago.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Glad to hear that you survived your "evaluation" (politically correct term for unnecessary hassle :roll: ). Too bad they have to make your condition worse just to satisfy themselves that you have it. Sorry to hear that you had so much trouble with the salivary gland thing -- that sounds really painful. Probably something like having the mumps? Anyway, I hope it's better by now.

And BTW, although I understand that you have lots of issues that require you to be on a special diet (gluten free, etc.) I hate to see them prescribe weight loss for you, because I've come to believe that doctors who try to get their patients to go on a "diet" to lose weight are violating their oath to "do no harm," although the majority of them don't realize it because that's what they teach them in medical school. Dieting to lose weight is a good way to develop an eating disorder, and that's the last thing you need. It can also cause weight gain in the long run -- even though you may lose weight for a while, most people end up gaining it all back and then some. Voice of experience here -- if I hadn't started dieting when I was about half the age that you are now, I might not have ended up as fat as I am, or at least I wouldn't have suffered as much as I did. As for diabetes, I'm not so sure that being fat or losing weight can really make much of a difference -- it's probably more genetic than anything else.

I guess that one got me started, so I suppose I need to get off my soapbox now. If you want to know more, I suggest you google "HAES" (Health At Every Size) -- the main idea is that it's okay to be fat, and that the focus for improving your health should not be on weight loss for its own sake.

So you really do have a pet wasp after all, huh? Someone to help out with the bugs that your carnivorous plants have a hard time with. :)

Sounds like Broly really likes his carrots -- enough to blackbeard at you if he thinks he's not getting his fair share. That is funny. :lol:

Puff is back to not liking greens anymore now that he's gained back the weight he lost. Apparently they only taste good to him when he's mortally hungry. :roll:

Hi Beardymama -- sorry to hear that Draconis took a fall. I hope he wasn't seriously injured -- as long as nothing was broken and if it's just sprains and/or bruises, he can probably recover with your care at home. And yeah -- emergency room visits for pets are getting almost as bad as for humans -- major $$$. :shock:

You can probably modify the way things are arranged in his enclosure so that he's less likely to take another bad fall, if you haven't done so already. When we first got Puff, he fell off his basking platform a couple of times (he's really quite the little klutz), so we ended up stuffing towels between the platform and the sides of the tank so that now he has no place to fall where he won't more or less land on something soft.

I also get a kick out of the so-called experts who will tell you to mix up your beardie's salad or hide the foods they like under the ones they don't like so they get a variety. Most beardies are more than capable of picking out their favorites. :wink:

Interesting take on ADHD. I've often wondered if I might have a little touch of that, or even of autism, or if it's just "cyclothymia" or "bipolar type 2." They've never been able to get a good diagnosis, but I know that I don't have the "hyperactivity" component, because I'm a world class couch potato. (If couch potatoing were a sport, I'd win trophies :mrgreen: ) I gave up on trying to find a "cure" a long time ago -- medications and psychotherapy either make me crazier than I already am or they don't work at all.

No need for anyone to apologize to me for TLDRs -- I've seen worse, even posted some of them myself. Like this one, as a matter of fact... :oops:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Yeah, I have a resident wasp now. Luckily, male...not sure if a female would sting me or not. She probably would. Anyway, hes very helpful and nice too. He stays outside like a wild wasp (which he still is).

So Im leaving till Saturday night (leaving Fri) fortunately it's comicon which is great...the unfortunate part is no lizard can go. Spending the night elsewhere (to be closer). My sister or my mom will take care of them. Dragons will probably pass stool in the tank (we know Broly will). Kane and Jamie don't but with change (ex: someone else staying/taking care of them. They have schedules messed up and that goes for using the bathroom too. They know mom (me) will let them get away with being messy. Someone else will not them have too much freedom (freedom as in not coming out of the tank) it's pretty much every day. Unfortunately, my family (except Tom and I) don't let the dragons or lizards out very often (busy). Luckily, every lizard is passed the baby/juvie stage so not much food has to be given. I will make bagged food (not Kane's favorite way) and they will eat it. I will give everyone their vitamin supplement on Sun morning. I done this before, left Fri afternoon and came home Sat night and gave vitamin on Sun then reroute vitamin to Sat morning again the next week. If only lizards were accepted in society eh? They could go places people can. This is a stict people place. On the other hand, I can meet David Tennant, Chris Sabat(voice actor on tons of anime I have watched), Lex Lang(another voice actor), John Barrowman(Capt Jack Harkness Dr Who/Torchwood) and others. My nephew turns 8 Sep 8th so what a birthday huh? So Tom, my brother in law, my dad and his friend, my brother and I are all going. Mom has to work but will to wake Broly and Kane up(timers broke what a time for that!!) feed them and clean up any stools before she goes or my sister has to. Trust me they do NOT want to keep it in there with Broly especially...hes a turkey and bad idea they won't give him a bath. Im hoping he doesn't get too messy for them. As for my sister she hates and I do mean hates big big crowds she said she rather have us take her 8 yr old to comicon then her because she gets extremely stressed and has a nasty attitude. We made a deal, most the family takes her son and she relaxes with our lizards. Idk who will stay with them yet but will know tomorrow morning.

I know right!! Crazy freaking system! They just pick names and send mail saying you need to be checked. I was checked 4 years ago. They hadn't checked my brother yet at all. The last time he saw one of these drs was the first time getting in.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
SHBailey":201utkez said:
Glad to hear that you survived your "evaluation" (politically correct term for unnecessary hassle :roll: ). Too bad they have to make your condition worse just to satisfy themselves that you have it. Sorry to hear that you had so much trouble with the salivary gland thing -- that sounds really painful. Probably something like having the mumps? Anyway, I hope it's better by now.

And BTW, although I understand that you have lots of issues that require you to be on a special diet (gluten free, etc.) I hate to see them prescribe weight loss for you, because I've come to believe that doctors who try to get their patients to go on a "diet" to lose weight are violating their oath to "do no harm," although the majority of them don't realize it because that's what they teach them in medical school. Dieting to lose weight is a good way to develop an eating disorder, and that's the last thing you need. It can also cause weight gain in the long run -- even though you may lose weight for a while, most people end up gaining it all back and then some. Voice of experience here -- if I hadn't started dieting when I was about half the age that you are now, I might not have ended up as fat as I am, or at least I wouldn't have suffered as much as I did. As for diabetes, I'm not so sure that being fat or losing weight can really make much of a difference -- it's probably more genetic than anything else.

I guess that one got me started, so I suppose I need to get off my soapbox now. If you want to know more, I suggest you google "HAES" (Health At Every Size) -- the main idea is that it's okay to be fat, and that the focus for improving your health should not be on weight loss for its own sake.

So you really do have a pet wasp after all, huh? Someone to help out with the bugs that your carnivorous plants have a hard time with. :)

Sounds like Broly really likes his carrots -- enough to blackbeard at you if he thinks he's not getting his fair share. That is funny. :lol:

Puff is back to not liking greens anymore now that he's gained back the weight he lost. Apparently they only taste good to him when he's mortally hungry. :roll:

Hi Beardymama -- sorry to hear that Draconis took a fall. I hope he wasn't seriously injured -- as long as nothing was broken and if it's just sprains and/or bruises, he can probably recover with your care at home. And yeah -- emergency room visits for pets are getting almost as bad as for humans -- major $$$. :shock:

You can probably modify the way things are arranged in his enclosure so that he's less likely to take another bad fall, if you haven't done so already. When we first got Puff, he fell off his basking platform a couple of times (he's really quite the little klutz), so we ended up stuffing towels between the platform and the sides of the tank so that now he has no place to fall where he won't more or less land on something soft.

I also get a kick out of the so-called experts who will tell you to mix up your beardie's salad or hide the foods they like under the ones they don't like so they get a variety. Most beardies are more than capable of picking out their favorites. :wink:

Interesting take on ADHD. I've often wondered if I might have a little touch of that, or even of autism, or if it's just "cyclothymia" or "bipolar type 2." They've never been able to get a good diagnosis, but I know that I don't have the "hyperactivity" component, because I'm a world class couch potato. (If couch potatoing were a sport, I'd win trophies :mrgreen: ) I gave up on trying to find a "cure" a long time ago -- medications and psychotherapy either make me crazier than I already am or they don't work at all.

No need for anyone to apologize to me for TLDRs -- I've seen worse, even posted some of them myself. Like this one, as a matter of fact... :oops:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=245242
heres a link to the first part......
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=245242
this is a link to the second, i am manic depressive, BUT because i have other things going on im in the borderline personality catagory, you probably are too and it doesnt mean you have multiple personalities it just means that you have several things going on and dont really fit into one catagory. Most people can manage this just by certain diets or exercises of the mind, also a quiet place helps!
As for you bluedragon.... they seem to like to pick on girls and women more because its "easier", i know about "random checks" because ive had them popped on me and my husband has as well (because hes not from here). Just remember to roll with it and silently flick them off in your head.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Beardymama: I totally flick them off. It's just annoying as hell! I do whatever they want but in my head...not nice.

So I started a twitter. I've never used this bird...bur I met David Tennant and his companion, Catherine (Donna). I met voice actors/actresses too. I said I'd follow them so why not. I don't expect a follow back Im not competetive for likes. Im following movie actors too. Im not gonna say who. Some football teams. Im not even expecting friendship from anyone. I just like looking at others when bored.

My nephew had a great time! He turned 8 years old yesterday. He hugged Michael Rooker and Chris Sullivan (both from Gaurdians of the Galaxy). He hugged Chris Sabat and David Tennant. So yeah David said to Jack "when you're old enough get twitter and we'll be friends". LOL that was adorable! Jack said "can i be friends now though?" David said "absolutely you're a cute kid!" I don't think Jack liked Pennywise (someone did an awesome cosplay). I took a pic with pennywise, spiderman, 5th, 10th and 13th dr cosplayers, character from Bioshock, Chewbacca. There's a lot. Im glad I could give my 8yr old nephew another great bday.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
BlueDragon09":50xgao3p said:
Hey,

Beardymama: I totally flick them off. It's just annoying as hell! I do whatever they want but in my head...not nice.

So I started a twitter. I've never used this bird...bur I met David Tennant and his companion, Catherine (Donna). I met voice actors/actresses too. I said I'd follow them so why not. I don't expect a follow back Im not competetive for likes. Im following movie actors too. Im not gonna say who. Some football teams. Im not even expecting friendship from anyone. I just like looking at others when bored.

My nephew had a great time! He turned 8 years old yesterday. He hugged Michael Rooker and Chris Sullivan (both from Gaurdians of the Galaxy). He hugged Chris Sabat and David Tennant. So yeah David said to Jack "when you're old enough get twitter and we'll be friends". LOL that was adorable! Jack said "can i be friends now though?" David said "absolutely you're a cute kid!" I don't think Jack liked Pennywise (someone did an awesome cosplay). I took a pic with pennywise, spiderman, 5th, 10th and 13th dr cosplayers, character from Bioshock, Chewbacca. There's a lot. Im glad I could give my 8yr old nephew another great bday.
He does sound adorable, and i am glad you both had a great time. BTW i love penny wise.... im a huge fan of all things creepy and so is draconis. As fo rthe flicking them off thing, ive done much worse to some people in my head, my husband knows what im thinking when im quietly just looking at him and tries to provoke me so i dont explode on him later...ehem hes actually trying to defuse a bomb so to speak but it ends up blowing up in his face every time!! :D i love that man but sometimes they dont realise where the line is drawn and smudge the heck outta it while crossing it. thats ok at least he doesnt complain when i take his pillows and make a fort of sorts so i can read, or play on my tablet while laying down! Draconis is fineish he keeps standing on his hind legs in the corners of his tank, my mom made a joke that i put him in time out and her grandlizard shouldnt be put in time out!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

I love Pennywise too! Any and all horror stuff. Hell, I fall asleep listening to a horror story on YT. I end up killing my iPad (yes first gen one) and to charge in the morning. I get no nightmares so...
I also love Disney stuff...like the Marvel stuff. If Im wrong correct me is Marvel part of Disney? I never keep up I just know I like comic book movies so far. DC comic movies in my opinion aren't great...oh well. I loved Suicide Squad and Justice League though. I really love Spiderman before Homecoming with Tom Holland. I admit though Tom Holland is cute. Haha, really shouldn't be on that bandwagon.

That's great Draconis is fineish. Broly's good but now he's 3 years old he's going down for stupid brumation. It's stupid in my opinion but I don't force any animal out of it,unless absolutely necessary. I hate it and think it's stupid but I let it go. Kane (husbands dragon) has moderate pinworms. I believe the vet asked us to medicate. Im not in charge of that though. Tom's a vet he's got this when he's off work. Marrying a vet is an awesome experience. Unfortunately I can't help people on the site because I don't have all illness information. I mean I know RI and a tiny bit of what early yellow fungus looks like. Im mostly confused with early yellow fungus...I only know it if it totally looks like it. I dealt with yf, I seen it and it's hard to tell when it's not looking like anything. When it starts looking like something...there it is. I have no experience with egg bound as Jamie doesn't act like a problem with eggs. She lays eggs and it's not forever thing. I mean not multiple clutches. She can but hasn't the vet deemed her healthy. Beat a bout of mouth rot in Jamie, she's better. Kane is dealing with moderate pinworm problem.

My tank finally cycled and added three dwarf frogs. I started with these guys before in 2013...but didn't know anything. I was a fricken ***** and didn't research much about them. I learned better and research a ton and now I can keep them alive longer than a month. Snails are doing well. My saltwater is doing good and no problems. Damsels have unfortunately died (used them for cycling). It's amazing they lived so long. My seahorse and starfish are hiding out...they always have. They will eat though.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Hi --
Time got away from me again. It sounds like you guys had a blast at Comicon.

I see where the new Dr Who series is supposed to start up October 7. Hopefully it will be on locally on a channel and at a time when I can watch it. I like most of the DC TV stuff too (Supergirl, Flash, & Legends of Tomorrow) and I think they're all scheduled to start up their new seasons next month. Haven't seen Suicide Squad but the teasers looked interesting. The Legends got mixed up with the Justice League in the last season. I like stuff about magical and alien superpowers, and I find the idea of time travel especially intriguing. Haven't gotten into much of the Marvel stuff -- I could end up being glued to the TV all day if I'm not careful. I love Disney too, but I'm not sure if Marvel and Disney have a relationship. I'd have to look that one up...

When it comes to TV shows and movies, I agree with my sister: The further away from "reality" the better. She says she doesn't like "drama" because it's too much like her real life. :wink:

Spiderman was my husband's favorite superhero when he was a little kid. He liked the way he'd wrap the bad guys up in a web and leave a note for the chief of police to find them the next morning. He's too busy with his job nowadays to have much time for that sort of thing anymore, not to mention helping me with the beardie. I suppose I should try to talk him into having some fun once in a while with a movie that isn't educational in some way or another, because I've noticed that he can still enjoy stuff like that in spite of himself. All work and no play...

I count myself lucky that I have no experience with yellow fungus or egg binding (both the reptiles I've ever had have been male).

Beardies don't really need to brumate when they have human slaves to feed them all winter, so technically it is stupid, but some of them still seem to be wired to do it anyway, and you can't really talk them out of it. I'm glad Puff doesn't seem to be really into it. He usually slows down a bit (not that he's ever really super hyperactive, except when he goes hormonal), eats a little less, gets up late and goes to sleep early, but so far he's never wanted to hide out and sleep all day for months at a time like some beardies do, and I'm just fine with that. I'd be worried about his health if he did, but your guys are probably healthy enough to get away with it if they're going to insist on it. Besides, they've got their own vet to watch over them. :)

If I remember correctly, Puff had some parasites when we first got him -- I think it was pinworms. They knocked them out with medication and so far they haven't returned. He's been doing well -- his weight has been holding at around 530 grams for the last several weeks, and his appetite has returned to "normal" -- not interested in greens anymore :roll: , but he'll still eat butternut squash if "Daddy" feeds it to him.

I hope Draconis is continuing to improve, Beardymama. It sounds like you're taking really good care of him. (I took a look at your other thread -- sounds like he had a rough go of it there for a while.)

I admire anyone who can maintain water chemistry well enough to keep aquatics alive, although some people have told me that it's not so terribly hard once you get all your equipment set up, and I suppose also once you learn everything you need to know. Puff's tank is designed to be an aquarium, but I'm content just keeping it full of warm air and full spectrum light. :mrgreen:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Water chemistry is the hardest to learn. Once you learn all rules it's pretty easy. It's really hard at first it's frustrating no matter how many times you read how to over and over.
I've had mistakes and killed fish on accident for not knowing any better. They stay alive these days though.

Dragons are all down. I can't talk them out..even Broly!
He's out and gone. Hasn't really woken up in two days.
We thought about changing 14 to 12 hours then we decided against it. Kane does wake up on and off during this time.
Jamie she's either way...sleep through (shes done before) or wake up on and off. Broly nothing yet. He ate two days ago but nothing. We done fecals already so we're clear.

Marvel and Disney are my thing. Throw in dinosaurs I'll watch that too. I make an acception for Suicide Squad and Justice League. I love Spiderman! I always read his comics like Iron Man and Thor. If you see my guest room bed it has Spiderman sheets, pillowcase and comforter. Im definitely Spiderman fan. He got me into spiders...though he's not into spiders himself. I have two rose knee tarantulas, I don't play with them but I feed them and water. Male and female. Male obviously Peter Parker and female MJ. Peter is aggressive while MJ doesn't like being touched.

I can't wait for Dr Who season. October 7 will be my date then. We definitely had fun! David and Jack are friends.

I hate reality so I play xbox or tv to get far from it. Speaking of reality...a girl on xbox who I have no idea who she is or her friends. Anyway...we played one game together still stranger and she just rants to me all of a sudden. I say "ok" and she gets mad at me! Wtf really? Idk you or your friends.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
BlueDragon09":1ijvh2mq said:
Hey,

I love Pennywise too! Any and all horror stuff. Hell, I fall asleep listening to a horror story on YT. I end up killing my iPad (yes first gen one) and to charge in the morning. I get no nightmares so...
I also love Disney stuff...like the Marvel stuff. If Im wrong correct me is Marvel part of Disney? I never keep up I just know I like comic book movies so far. DC comic movies in my opinion aren't great...oh well. I loved Suicide Squad and Justice League though. I really love Spiderman before Homecoming with Tom Holland. I admit though Tom Holland is cute. Haha, really shouldn't be on that bandwagon.

That's great Draconis is fineish. Broly's good but now he's 3 years old he's going down for stupid brumation. It's stupid in my opinion but I don't force any animal out of it,unless absolutely necessary. I hate it and think it's stupid but I let it go. Kane (husbands dragon) has moderate pinworms. I believe the vet asked us to medicate. Im not in charge of that though. Tom's a vet he's got this when he's off work. Marrying a vet is an awesome experience. Unfortunately I can't help people on the site because I don't have all illness information. I mean I know RI and a tiny bit of what early yellow fungus looks like. Im mostly confused with early yellow fungus...I only know it if it totally looks like it. I dealt with yf, I seen it and it's hard to tell when it's not looking like anything. When it starts looking like something...there it is. I have no experience with egg bound as Jamie doesn't act like a problem with eggs. She lays eggs and it's not forever thing. I mean not multiple clutches. She can but hasn't the vet deemed her healthy. Beat a bout of mouth rot in Jamie, she's better. Kane is dealing with moderate pinworm problem.

My tank finally cycled and added three dwarf frogs. I started with these guys before in 2013...but didn't know anything. I was a fricken ***** and didn't research much about them. I learned better and research a ton and now I can keep them alive longer than a month. Snails are doing well. My saltwater is doing good and no problems. Damsels have unfortunately died (used them for cycling). It's amazing they lived so long. My seahorse and starfish are hiding out...they always have. They will eat though.
You can lessen and even reverse worms by growing holy basil with broad leaf basil and pepper mint. you feed it to them daily alternating the basil and mint for a week then every other day alternating them for a couple more weeks then just once a week after. Just a small amount will do because holy basil mixed with broad leaf is very potent. for the best results pinch the top leaves and then use the second growth when needed. you can also drink a tea made from holy basil and peppermint to ward off most viruses and such. i keep it growing in my garden every year and have a second year crop from last years on the holy basil. As for the YT creepies i too fall asleep to them! heck i find myself being one of the creatures or one like them in dreams...

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
SHBailey":cgatpsxg said:
Hi --
Time got away from me again. It sounds like you guys had a blast at Comicon.

I see where the new Dr Who series is supposed to start up October 7. Hopefully it will be on locally on a channel and at a time when I can watch it. I like most of the DC TV stuff too (Supergirl, Flash, & Legends of Tomorrow) and I think they're all scheduled to start up their new seasons next month. Haven't seen Suicide Squad but the teasers looked interesting. The Legends got mixed up with the Justice League in the last season. I like stuff about magical and alien superpowers, and I find the idea of time travel especially intriguing. Haven't gotten into much of the Marvel stuff -- I could end up being glued to the TV all day if I'm not careful. I love Disney too, but I'm not sure if Marvel and Disney have a relationship. I'd have to look that one up...

When it comes to TV shows and movies, I agree with my sister: The further away from "reality" the better. She says she doesn't like "drama" because it's too much like her real life. :wink:

Spiderman was my husband's favorite superhero when he was a little kid. He liked the way he'd wrap the bad guys up in a web and leave a note for the chief of police to find them the next morning. He's too busy with his job nowadays to have much time for that sort of thing anymore, not to mention helping me with the beardie. I suppose I should try to talk him into having some fun once in a while with a movie that isn't educational in some way or another, because I've noticed that he can still enjoy stuff like that in spite of himself. All work and no play...

I count myself lucky that I have no experience with yellow fungus or egg binding (both the reptiles I've ever had have been male).

Beardies don't really need to brumate when they have human slaves to feed them all winter, so technically it is stupid, but some of them still seem to be wired to do it anyway, and you can't really talk them out of it. I'm glad Puff doesn't seem to be really into it. He usually slows down a bit (not that he's ever really super hyperactive, except when he goes hormonal), eats a little less, gets up late and goes to sleep early, but so far he's never wanted to hide out and sleep all day for months at a time like some beardies do, and I'm just fine with that. I'd be worried about his health if he did, but your guys are probably healthy enough to get away with it if they're going to insist on it. Besides, they've got their own vet to watch over them. :)

If I remember correctly, Puff had some parasites when we first got him -- I think it was pinworms. They knocked them out with medication and so far they haven't returned. He's been doing well -- his weight has been holding at around 530 grams for the last several weeks, and his appetite has returned to "normal" -- not interested in greens anymore :roll: , but he'll still eat butternut squash if "Daddy" feeds it to him.

I hope Draconis is continuing to improve, Beardymama. It sounds like you're taking really good care of him. (I took a look at your other thread -- sounds like he had a rough go of it there for a while.)

I admire anyone who can maintain water chemistry well enough to keep aquatics alive, although some people have told me that it's not so terribly hard once you get all your equipment set up, and I suppose also once you learn everything you need to know. Puff's tank is designed to be an aquarium, but I'm content just keeping it full of warm air and full spectrum light. :mrgreen:
It isnt as easy as some people think it is to start an dmaintane an aquarium. I have spent years working at it and now have 7 environments that are aquatic and working nicely..... but if one thing changes in them i have to work hard to get them back right! I also have several things full of spring tails and a garden of pots that i have experimentations going on with. life in general is one big experiment! As for draconis i have started a gofundme for his bridge because we have had several set backs, th eelectrical panel is going bad, my chair broke while i was in it, and the kids needed school cloths....i made him a heating pad and am working on anothe rand he has food so hes fine in those areas, i just need the materials so i can custom make him a safety bridge!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

I pulled an all nighter on Wednesday night. Our main breaker (half the house went dark). That included the lizard room and luckily we have a fireplace. We were able to get the house to 75 deg. I got it fixed at 6am. It needed to be reset.

Im very very tired. I didn't sleep till late last night despite pulling an all nighter. So Tom is now our animals vet...so we will rarely go to the vet. Bloodwork and other tests we'll go. Tom can grab meds if we need to. We decided it was better. I don't have a car and Tom is a vet and he knows as much as any exp reptile vet. I was wondering why do we go if I have a vet..we have a scale so weight is always checked. Tom works a lot and when he comes home he goes to the office to research more. He's always working. He never gets to sleep till late. He never relaxes he's always doing something. Now, don't get the wrong idea...we still will do medical care. Tom is a vet an exp reptile vet...better than other vets...lots of people don't have that luck. I hope whoever reads this (probably none but my two friends) you understand. I have Aspergers Syndrome and yes it's no excuse for pet medical care it's just too exhausting for me. Too many people...I can't do it anymore...Tom will take them if we have to (like prolapses and other emergencies).

Im going to bed...Tom takes care of the animals. I've been sleeping all day or wake up to listen to something scary.

I never told anyone this at all. It's probably not appropriate in public. I see spirit/ghosts. I've seen demons/poltergeist. Im not kidding! In 6th grade, I was saved from getting hit by a car walking home. I never believed at first, I do now. In 11th grade,I had a spirit hurt a classmate because he wouldn't stop picking on me. Before you get the wrong idea, he came to school with a couple scratches as if a cat did it. He was totally fine. Tom knows why I stare off into space not saying anything because I see something. Other times I tilt my head and start talking to whatever I see. It talks back, to snap me out of it the spirit taps on the wall. It's like a trance and it does creep my family and Tom out at times. Im not crazy I don't need to be locked up. I guess that's why Im interested in haunted places. One time we were in a haunted place with my sister. I was 15 and my sister was 10. She told me I was possessed once saying all kinds of things. I have no memory of this at all. I asked her if it said who it was she didn't wanna say because it freaked her out knowing the name. No worries though they never ever hurt animals. They're safe. I just remember walking into a haunted house. I found my sister screaming and crying we walked out and that was it. She kept asking if I came back and I was confused. I had no idea what she was asking for. Sister and I were talking today and she brought it up. I thought I'd tell my only friends who read this. If you wanna know the name I'll tell you who possessed me that night. Im still shook from the name supposedly it was a demon.

TLDR. Beardies are asleep which is why I decided to type all that. Im sure you wanna know the name Beardymama.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Hi...
So I'm up in the middle of the night too, but it's Friday night and nobody around here has to get up early tomorrow, and my circadian rhythms don't belong on this planet anyway. :mrgreen:

:lurk:

Lately I don't seem to have the energy to do much more than "lurk" on the few threads I'm still following around here, but I just have to say something about this latest one...

First of all, it makes perfect sense to me that you should make full use of your own "in-house" vet to take care of your own critters. After all, who's going to really care the most about them and do what's best for them besides their own "daddy"? And I suppose he can even do minor procedures such as blood draws at home and send the results off to the proper lab or whatever. The only thing you'd need to take them in to a veterinary hospital for would be things like major surgery where you don't have all the equipment you need at home. Less stress for you and the animals too, not to mention saving some $$$. Better for everyone all around.

BTW, it sounds like both of our husbands are workaholics, and I worry about burnout (if my husband burns out before he's old enough to retire like I did, then we won't have any breadwinners left), but I remind myself that if they're doing something they really enjoy, then they might be okay.

I hope you can get some rest and recover from the power outage, and hopefully you got everything back up and running again and got all your critters through it ok.

And no, I don't think you're crazy for seeing spirits. I think our modern, Western, scientific culture has a somewhat narrow minded view about things like that. For example, I've heard it said that nowadays, if you talk to God (or maybe spirits as well), they call it "prayer," but if God (or whoever) talks back, they call it "schizophrenia." But in other cultures, people who could see and talk with spirits were treated with respect and thought to have a special gift, and they often became "shamans" or "medicine men(or women)".

My own husband is an avid genealogist, and it seems that the spirits of his ancestors help him to find out about them. When we got married, I became family member #18,011 in his genealogy files, and he was up to around 34,000 family members (both living and dead) on his local hard drive before he started putting it "in the cloud." Now he's lost track. It's happened to me too -- I don't actually see them or hear them the same as living people, it's more like visions in my mind's eye, and it's often hard to tell the difference between a communication from the "other side" and my imagination, and I sometimes wonder if there really is a difference. There's this rational, skeptical part of me somewhere on the left side of my brain, but then there's this other part of me, probably somewhere over on the right side, that wants to believe in "magic." "Reality" (whatever that is) is probably somewhere in between. :? But something is probably going on, because sometimes there are just too many coincidences. My husband says we can verify these communications -- for example, if a spirit tells you to go look for a certain thing in a certain place, and you find it, then that's a pretty good indication that something is really going on. If it doesn't pan out, then maybe it was your imagination after all.

For example, my husband went into the hospital about 2 months after we were married, and when I found out they were going to give him morphine, I warned him that morphine can make you hallucinate, so don't think you're seeing spirits. He assured me that he could tell the difference. So some friends came to visit us while he was in the hospital, and he told them that he had seen the spirits of his ancestors. I was standing behind him and I pointed up at the heavens, and then pointed at the morphine pump, and shrugged. But when he got home from the hospital he hopped on the internet and looked at the websites where the spirits had told him to look, and found another bunch of ancestors that he hadn't known about before. Go figure. So I try to keep an open mind, and I try to focus on the good ones. My strategy with the apparently "evil" ones is to try to ignore them and hope they'll go away, or as I once heard it said, "If there are any dark or wandering spirits, release them to their path of healing." In other words, I try to view them as "wounded" rather than "evil."

One of my other favorite little ideas is that the difference between an "angel" and a "demon" is that if you're in a battle and it's fighting on your side, it's an angel, but if it's fighting on the side of your enemy, then it's a demon. :wink:

That being said, Beardymama may not be the only one who may want to know the name of the demon you had a "close encounter of the worst kind" with. I'm curious too. You could PM us if you don't want to put it up here on the public forum, just in case you're worried that anyone else is going to read this and think we're all nuts. :roll:

We stayed up pretty late because "Daddy" fed Puff a pretty good sized roach meal after he got home from work, so I wanted to keep the heat lamps on for a couple of hours so he could digest. But we finished his bedtime cuddle and both Puff and his daddy have been asleep for a while now, so I suppose it's my turn. :sleepy2:

Meanwhile, I guess one good TLDR deserves another. :wink:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

My dad took us to tons of haunted places back then. So we weren't alone. He had all equipment to be a paranormal investigator. So we went with dad to a haunted house and he had ouija board and evp (picks up disembodied voices). We did the ouija board and spirit box. Heard voices and whispers. Figure 8 and it spelled zozo on the board. It was silent a few taps behind us then apparently I blacked out (possessed by zozo). My dad told me all this as I have no memory. I kept saying break it...break it, my sister was screaming to wake me up. My dad was the calm one told my sister to get away it's zozo. They didn't know what they wanted him to break. Zozo just kept saying break it. Break what we don't know. I scratched my sister on her leg. She has the scar to prove it. My dad had to tackle me to keep me from attacking. Zozo said "I will Fing kill you!" then I banged my head against the wall. I kept laughing demonically. My dad carried me out still laughing then I fell asleep...I woke up. I was like what happened my dad said you had zozo in you.

When I was 12...I caught voices on evp. I was with dad alone. My sis was not coming when she was younger she was 7. I was possessed by a different demon we don't know who. I know it was nightmarish according to dad. I saw the demon coming I didn't move. I see spirits these days since being possessed the first time. The very first time was when I was 12 after the saving from being hit by a car.

I know this all seems far fetched or really crazy. This all actually happened. My dad is too old to do this now. I have the ouija board and spirit box but I don't mess around with them. I have a couple haunted dolls. I don't know what zozo looks like. He's scary to get into contact with. Everyone has different opinions and most do think you're crazy. Im glad it's just us on here...some random would totally think this is untrue. For people I hate I had spirits viscously scare them. One demon I kinda am acquainted with will protect me(this is untrue right?) demons aren't friends with people. Well go tell him that. It's not zozo. Im into dark past of things. Demon and I aren't even friends we're acquaintances. I understand this seems so untrue but it's not. You wanna tell the kid who got scratched it was nothing? He had proof. No one is ever really badly hurt or dead. They're ok. I don't need people coming on here and being aggressive with me telling me no way. I been possessed I had a kid scratched. I been told no way. I been told you're crazy. I been told you're insane. I heard it all, I rather be in another culture.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Wow. :shock: So I googled that name -- have you tried that yourself? Some pretty scary stuff. Apparently, your experience with the ouija board and possession is pretty typical for that particular demon, according to a few demonology websites I briefly looked at (didn't have a whole lot of time and energy to really get into it). Most of them say he's one of the more dangerous ones and if you contact him, you should try to stay calm (if you can, because they feed on fear), and break the connection as soon as possible -- like say goodbye on the ouija board or turn off the EVP. Could that be what was meant by "break it"?

Easy name to spell on a ouija board by moving the planchette back and forth between the two letters a couple of times (or sometimes more).

Don't get me wrong -- I'm no expert on this kind of stuff. Heck, I don't think I've ever even seen a ouija board in person, let alone tried to use one. Some spiritualists call it the "beginner's tool," but the church I used to belong to once taught that such things were the royal road to communication with The Devil Himself, and tried to scare their members into never going near them, and I was once obedient and devout. I "went rogue" about 14 years ago, and I've participated in Pagan rituals with people who consider themselves "White Witches" (good guys) since then, but I've never gotten around to having an encounter with a ouija board so far. However, some of the nicest people I know are Pagans.

I had to be the one to ask, huh? They say "curiosity killed the cat," but I've heard that a cat's response to that would be, "Curiousity never killed anything except a few hours." :wink:

The idea that a demon could be your friend and try to protect you is not so far fetched either. Most modern Christian sects consider them "evil spirits," but the original idea of a supernatural being, spelled "daemon," comes from the ancient Greek and Roman religions, and they were often considered good, or at least not necessarily evil.

I don't claim to know or understand why or how these things happen :? , but I do believe that they're real, and part of the human experience.

And lest we get accused of going totally off-topic on a website that's supposed to be about bearded dragons, I'll mention that Puff is continuing to do well. He weighed 542 grams yesterday right after his bath, so we're trying to adjust his feeding schedule to maintain now that he's gained back what he lost. We know that when you weigh a beardie, the total weight you get includes things that are just passing through -- food, water, and poop, so we always try to weigh him after his bath, when he will have pooped if he has to go, and before his usually biggest bug meal for the week on Saturdays.

Speaking of... "Daddy" just came in from outside -- it's a beautiful fall day, and he was out snacking on the last of the dandelions for the season (Puff's not the only one around here that eats dandelions) -- and Puff just came down from his basking platform and took a bite of his salad. Surprise! :blob8:

Oops -- pooped in the tank and now he's glass dancing to get our attention (didn't do it in the bath yesterday this time). Guess I have to go clean up the mess. :roll:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom