Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am sorry your tube bulb keeps breaking. How are you mounting it in
the tank? Can you show pictures of the tank setup so we can see how it
is sitting on or in the tank, or hanging?

Tracie

GalacticReptilian

Original Poster
Drache613":171n4gvn said:
Hello,

I am sorry your tube bulb keeps breaking. How are you mounting it in
the tank? Can you show pictures of the tank setup so we can see how it
is sitting on or in the tank, or hanging?

Tracie

Here is a photo of my UVB hood, it's diagonal because of these strange notches in the center of the tank and I don't know what they are
101271-3744289056.jpg

GalacticReptilian

Original Poster
The bulb has been replaced twice, and it always burns out within a few days. I would go to my local petsmart to buy the bulbs, replace the old one on my beardie's cage, and it would burn out in a matter of days.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
GalacticReptilian":37kjyuto said:
The bulb has been replaced twice, and it always burns out within a few days. I would go to my local petsmart to buy the bulbs, replace the old one on my beardie's cage, and it would burn out in a matter of days.

You need a sparky to check the reflector hood , it is likely the hood is faulty , may just be the wrong starter.

Try plugging into a different house power circuit …. might be an issue with circuit you are plugging into - again - you need to sparky to check the circuit.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If you're replacing the fixture it might make sense to get a T5 so you have higher output. The T8 is only effective at about 6-8'' while a T5 is stronger and optimal at about 12-14'' or so. You usually need to order them online. http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/22-t-5-ho-fixture-high-output-with-arcadia-d3-12-ho-bulb/

To answer your question, I've used the Zilla slimline fixture for an 18'' T8 and it has worked well. Just be sure to remove the clear plastic in front of the bulb because it will intercept all of the UVB.

GalacticReptilian

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2nzz1wd0 said:
If you're replacing the fixture it might make sense to get a T5 so you have higher output. The T8 is only effective at about 6-8'' while a T5 is stronger and optimal at about 12-14'' or so. You usually need to order them online. http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/22-t-5-ho-fixture-high-output-with-arcadia-d3-12-ho-bulb/

To answer your question, I've used the Zilla slimline fixture for an 18'' T8 and it has worked well. Just be sure to remove the clear plastic in front of the bulb because it will intercept all of the UVB.
Thanks for the info

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
GalacticReptilian":ddsdy7wc said:
If I give my beardie sunlight, how much will that help?
And which hood works best with the Reptisun 10.0 18" tube?

What is your geographic latitude ?
…. this will determine who much sunshine is needed to adequate UVA & UVB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom