Bearded dragon not growing much

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie is about to hit his 1yr mark and he’s about 15 inches. His diet consists of kale, collard greens, bell peppers, and the occasional other thing we throw in. He eats black soldier fly larvae as his main staple but has eaten supers as well. He shows no signs of sickness or mbd nor does he seem skinny really, and seems pretty happy. His enclosure is about 4x2x2 give or take a few inches. He uses a house bulb that gets his basking temp to 94-100 (depends on the heat outside) and 70-80 on cool side, as well he has a 10.0uvb bulb. He just doesn’t look as large as other beardies i’ve seen at 1 year and i heard that 1 yr is usually when their growth plateaus. I have pictures of him but i can’t seem to figure out how to attach them to this so my email is [email protected] if you’d like to see the pics and offer any information please don’t hesitate to email me.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
melon0head":3c6jo1u4 said:
My beardie is about to hit his 1yr mark and he’s about 15 inches. His diet consists of kale, collard greens, bell peppers, and the occasional other thing we throw in. He eats black soldier fly larvae as his main staple but has eaten supers as well. He shows no signs of sickness or mbd nor does he seem skinny really, and seems pretty happy. His enclosure is about 4x2x2 give or take a few inches. He uses a house bulb that gets his basking temp to 94-100 (depends on the heat outside) and 70-80 on cool side, as well he has a 10.0uvb bulb. He just doesn’t look as large as other beardies i’ve seen at 1 year and i heard that 1 yr is usually when their growth plateaus. I have pictures of him but i can’t seem to figure out how to attach them to this so my email is [email protected] if you’d like to see the pics and offer any information please don’t hesitate to email me.

At 12 months old , your beardie is only still a juvenile, with about 12 - 15 months of growth in him under idea conditions.

For comparison my gang :

@ 12 months old
Puff (M) 409g
Rex (F) 396g
Peppa (F) 465g
Toothless (M) 345g

@ 2yrs old (or on growth plateau)
Puff 630g
Rex 640g
Peppa 780g (25" long.... she's a very big girl !!! but not overweight)
Toothless 459g

I recommend a meal of high quality insects each day & salad daily, your dragon still needs the protein and fats and dietary calcium to grow and develop properly.

Where is the 10%UVB tube located ?

melon0head

Original Poster
That is VERY encouraging to hear. The uvb light is that light you can kind of see in the middle ish (it’s covered by the door bc i forgot to get a good pic of the interior) but it does intersect a little with the basking light while also going throughout most of the cage (as suggested)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom