QUESTION PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
okay, I apologise, she must eat but very little, because today as I said on the 10th I was going to weigh and measure her and since last month to now, she has grown at least 2cm and put on about 5g :)
98861-6661220300.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Well that is good that she is growing. :) But I Still don't know why she isn't eating. :? I Hope she starts eating more soon though.

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
here’s a recent photo of the little darling :) she such a character because she was bearding at me so I thought muck around and roar back at her and was so funny, she looked at me like whatever and closed her beard and looked like do I know you lol ;) sorry
98861-8677580803.jpg

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
If she's not eating properly of her own accord, it's going to be a very wize approach to handfeed her. This way you can be sure she's sufficient protein and vitamins and calcium to thrive and grow.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
JIMMIA":29arv73r said:
I'm going to try JIMMIA on some woodies :)
how many am I allowed to give her? please :)
Quick Question That is Probably a Dumb one: What Is/Are woodies?? Lol. I Have heard of people saying give their beardies woodies, But I Have No Clue what they are. :| :study: :study:

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
HippieLizards":2z2c4m5s said:
JIMMIA":2z2c4m5s said:
Quick Question That is Probably a Dumb one: What Is/Are woodies?? Lol. I Have heard of people saying give their beardies woodies, But I Have No Clue what they are. :| :study: :study:

Nauphoeta cinereal
https://bie.ala.org.au/species/urn:lsid:biodiversity.org.au:afd.taxon:c5dd2e9b-38ad-46f8-a309-0ae69b078f0e , http://eol.org/pages/1074921/details

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Ohh, Ok. Lol I thought that it was some type of cricket or something Lol, Thank You, I was wondering what in the world were woodies Lol.

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
kingofnobbys":xk5vfqbh said:
HippieLizards":xk5vfqbh said:
JIMMIA":xk5vfqbh said:

Nauphoeta cinereal
https://bie.ala.org.au/species/urn:lsid:biodiversity.org.au:afd.taxon:c5dd2e9b-38ad-46f8-a309-0ae69b078f0e , http://eol.org/pages/1074921/details

they are like a Cockroaches but somehow someway different, a hard thing to try pick up with tweezers if only new to them as because JIMMIA either bumps my hand when get one and it fall off them lol or I drop/ squash them as hard to grip with fingers lol and they are full of protein (so just another bug source like crickets) :)
98861-8999089500.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Oh Ok, Cool. I Might try that later on. :)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
HippieLizards":14qgb4dp said:
Oh Ok, Cool. I Might try that later on. :)

Peppa and my gang skinks love them , sometimes I'll find a few mixed in with the bulk order of crickets from Livefoods in Qld.
I give them to one of the gang by hand as a treat …. I used to very squeamish about touching roaches but after years of giving live insects and the occasional live roach (if I catch it) to my resident wild skinks and my pet skinks and dragons …. just another feeder I have no problem with picking up.

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
this is my 100th post woohoo :blob5: thank you to all those who have helped JIMMIA and I over the past 3 months :) I’m still learning a little bit by little bit and discovering more about her as she grows :) I/ we appreciate all of your help so with love JIMMIA and I :)
98861-7856249497.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
JIMMIA":2qedi3ih said:
this is my 100th post woohoo :blob5: thank you to all those who have helped JIMMIA and I over the past 3 months :) I’m still learning a little bit by little bit and discovering more about her as she grows :) I/ we appreciate all of your help so with love JIMMIA and I :)
98861-7856249497.jpg
Congrats! :) and You're welcome, We're all happy to help Y'all. :)

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Jimmia is getting more aggressive, I can still pick her up, she still sits near me and wont run off much but lately she is watching my fingers (being more observant) and making a hiss noise at me if get to close,

so do these stages last long?
I should try handel her more? or is she trying tell me just leave her in her terranium and feed her?

because as I've mentioned before, she's not eating the amount of crickets/ woodies you say she should be eating, she's still only eating about 10 and not eating her fruit and vegetable;

also I've not seen a piece of poop wet for a week or two, I make sure she has water etc but for the last 2 poops I've seen, they were hard,

she is still around 20 grams and I've had her 3 months, I personally don't know if I'm doing anything wrong but I've been trying things I read here and there but she a little fussy-

so anyone know what might be wrong? please, I'm trying my best, I have her lights on from 07-00 to 18-30 (7am to 6-30pm) and her temps are at 28 degrees (we are in spring now so do they need change?)

sorry :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom