Smelly and Runny poo

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hiccups poo is runny w/ a constancy and it smells to high heaven!! It has constancy w/ water running from it- he is eating dubias, nutri grubs, butter worms, super worms, and horn worms- the dubias are the main course w/ nutri grubs in his greens collard and mustard, one horn worm per day 3 super worms per day and 2 butter worms in his greens per day- what is causing the smell so bad?

Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Karrie, sometimes it is what it is, lots of variety in the diet can cause this but if you want to rule out parasites you can have a fecal test done by a qualified reptile vet.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Yes I plan to take him in next month before the cold sets in-- just for a check up and I am taking a sample in of his fecal this time as well -- I think for the most part hes pretty healthy he looks real good and hes active but he does seem to take naps during the day after basking for a while - I am assuming thats normal for them to take naps- hes 7 months not 6 like I thought -- and his poo has some consistency -- both dark and white urate w/ water - I am assuming from the roachs- I am feeding them carrots -- some apple

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sounds reasonable. :) Post a pic next time , just so we can see if it looks within the normal range since a well hydrated beardie will expel some water with a poo.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Please look at Hiccup he has gained weight but he is not eating like I think he should be eating- I weighed him today and he has gained some - last I weighed him which was about the middle of August he was at 198 grams today he is at 221 grams- he seems to stop eating at around 6 roaches I think I really havent counted them tomorrow I am going to keep count - he eats those butter worms 3/ day - 1 hornworm and 4 super worms / day- this morning he was actually in his food cup eating greens- what do you think- he is pooping on a reg basis and he is very energetic- roaches are dusted every day and he gets Vitamins 2 times / week - basking temp in around 97-106 depending on how warm my room is and cool side is around 72 at nite and day around 80
97951-8489471492.jpg
97951-1747074016.jpg
97951-3932174342.jpg
97951-3194804341.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He looks good. Nice bright colors. He is alert and it's good that he is energetic. Looks like maybe a shed about to start on his arm.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Yes his back legs too - he had a body shed here around mid Aug or so -- and last I measured he was at 16" -- today I didnt measure him -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom