My beardie won’t eat at all!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sbanuelos

I need your guys help, please and thank you! I just adopted a 3 year old male. He will not eat anything I’ve tried different greens nothing. I have also tried crickets dubia mealworms superworms and hornworms, he refuses to eat. It’s been about 3/4 weeks since I got him and he hasn’t even token a bite out of anything for about 3 weeks. I weighed him on 8.1.18 = 530G I weighed him today 8.20.18 = 473G? He has a 50G tank with 150W heat lamp and reptisun 10 uvb. What am I doing wrong ?? I’ve tried force feeding him and he just spits it out? What can I do to get him to start eating ?

I am new to the world of beardies, and am by no means an expert. However, I have researched a lot about them. To me, that sounds like a very serious parasite problem and you should get him to a vet ASAP. At first I thought it was maybe relocation stress, but it sounds like you have had him for a while so that doesn't seem like the case. What are the temps on his basking spot? Does he have a hot spot and cool spot in his cage? Another culprit could be impaction. Does he have loose substrate like sand or wood shavings? How long has it been since he last pooped? Did you get him from a shelter, or from a peer? If he is not from a shelter, where you able to see the past setup?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Which ReptiSun 10 UVB light are you using? I don't like the sound of that weight loss so a vet visit may be in order. Have you tried taking him outside to bask in natural sunlight for a while?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom