Closed eye constantly and sleeping a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! The past week my 1yr 9month old bearded dragon, Lenny has been sleeping a lot. It was crazy with the amount of hours she was racking up. If I didn’t wake her up and move her to her basking light, she’d sleep all day. Then sometimes she would go hide and sleep while I was out. It’s becoming summer here. Do you have any ideas?
Ever since I got a new bulb for her (cause the old one started flickering), she’s been closing her eyes a lot. Both at the same time. When I take her out she’ll keep one open and the other closed. Which eye depends on what she’s looking at. At the moment we are sitting outside so she can get some real sun, she is still continuing to close an eye. Though it seems like she really wants to open both. I do not see any discharge or puffiness. She is not shedding anywhere at the moment. I gave her a bath yesterday hoping it would soothe her.

Her basking spot reads (with a temp gun) 108-101. The cool side of her house is 76ish. Her hiding around under her basking box is 84. I recently added Brussel spourts and broccoli to her diet for a short time. I plan to continue feeding her them for a few more days. She hasn’t been eating as much for the past few days (mostly because she’s sleeping). She is about 7 inches away from her bulb. Her new bulb is Exoterra Solar Glow High Intensity.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it may be the Solar glo bulb, they can burn brighter when they are new , and a 7" away it's very close. Is it the 125 or 160 watt ? Whatever it is, back it up a bit.

Can you post pics of her as well as her set up ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

KittenCatJack

Original Poster
Hey! Lenny is sleeping so I can’t get a picture of her under the light. I switched her log and her box so the log is lower and farther away from the bulb. It is a 160 bulb. Is her new set up a little better? She is now about 11inches away from her light.

100107-5911979028.jpg
100107-7108480008.jpg

Also I got the bulb maybe 3 days ago so the sleeping a lot started before that. Is it possibly burmation? I didn’t think that they did that at the beginning of summer.
Thank you so much!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes it could be brumation but they usually will open their eyes if you take them outside. If you just want to let her sleep you'll have to decide. As long as she's an adult with healthy weight [ or even a subadult ] it should be fine.

KittenCatJack

Original Poster
Okay great! Thank you! I’m a little concerned with her eyes but the sleep I don’t mind. Now I have a good excuse to call her Lazy Lenny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom