Hump on beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie, Draghon, has developed a hump on the base of his tail. It is just slightly above where his tail meets his body. He doesn't seem to be bothered by it. I just want advice before we carry him to the vet and stress him. Especially if it's not necessary. He still climbs and eats and everything like before. We just learned that the coil UVB bulbs we're not enough UVB so we swapped him to a reptisun 10.0. He gets calcium and d3 on his insects. He is a sweet boy. Just need to know if this is as concerning as I feel like it is...
100813-1205406865.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, as long as you have proper uvb + calcium now you don't need a vet. Can you post pics of his set up + the lighting ?

aprilkeahey

Original Poster
I will tomorrow, we have already turned the lights out tonight. But he has a reptisun 10.0 uvb and a different heat lamp (forget which one, my husband does the feeding and lighting). And we DO have Walnut in there right now, but that is coming out in favor of non adhesive shelf liner. We went to Walmart yesterday and I forgot to buy it...shame on me. He is in a 40B setup. We also have a UTH for him. And he has two hidey holes so he has a place to hide if he wants to. He has been avoiding his basking rock and favoring one of the climbing sticks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom