Shedding Irritability

Status
Not open for further replies.

gravsten

My little Æg is shedding on the back of her head and under her chin, and she is extremely unhappy. She's glass surfing almost non-stop, even at night when she should be sleeping. I have to feed her by placing squash on her food or else she will not eat. I give her baths daily to help but the skin is not budging. I am losing sleep because she keeps banging at the glass and all of her stuff. My three other beardies are so much calmer when they shed, I have no idea why she's the grumpiest shedder. Any advice to calm her down? Or maybe to help with the shedding? Her hands are bent inward so she's not able to use them normally, maybe that has something to do with how grumpy she is? She's normally so calm and well-behaved with a huge appetite for her greens, but as soon as some patches of skin started lightening up she's gone completely bonkers! :shock:

gravsten

Original Poster
Today when I tried to feed her she puffed out with her mouth open and after a minute lunged at me! She's never this aggressive, I'm not sure what I've done to upset her so much, but I am so tired of this behavior.

I feel that this is excellent training for whenever I decide to have kids. :banghead:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sheds can really make them irritable for a while. They usually return to normal once they are done though. There isn't a whole lot to do and they are generally pretty good at removing the sheds without intervention. In her case I would pay close attention to her hands and arms since she isn't able to move them normally. Just look out for any constricted areas or stuck/thick sheds that may cause an issue. Otherwise giving her some rough things like carpet to rub up against may be helpful. Hopefully she completes the shed and calms down for you soon. How is she doing otherwise? Is she still getting around pretty well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom