Is my bearded dragon underweight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just took in a new bearded dragon named turbo. He is 3 years old and about 240 grams. I took him from my friend because she didn’t have time for him any time for him. He looks pretty skinny for his age and like he is dehydrated. She was feeding him like 50-80 crickets whenever she had crickets and then I guess just blueberries occasionally. He doesn’t really like greens
99370-4343836736.jpg
99370-9780194503.jpg
99370-3147347719.jpg
or veggies I’ve been trying to feed him. And he hasn’t had a bath in a while. She also doesn’t remeber the last time she replaced his uvb bulb. He’s in a 40 gallon tank with sand and a zoomed double dome fixture. I’m trying to get him more stuff for his enclosed at the moment but money is tight. He just has a basking spot and a log at the moment. I also have a 4-5 month old bearded dragon named Lenox and whenever turbo sees him he black beards and goes crazy and scares Lenox. I’ve been cover the front of turbos encloser so they don’t see each other and then cover lenox’s when I take turbo out. I don’t know if there is anything I can do to help that.
Here’s some pictures of turbo

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, Turbo is a bit small for his age, what is his length ? BTW, are you positive it's a male ? Can you post pics of his set up ? He may have a slight touch of MBD as well, calcium deficiency that makes him/her look a little bit weak. As long as you feed him well now + offer water by soaking for 5-10 minutes twice a week [ supervised at all times ] so he can drink if he wants then he should gain some weight + strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom