Please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
I don't know where to put this in I'm sorry!!

So my beardie hasn't been eating much AT ALL and I even tried to give him his scrambled eggs which he loves this morning.. He only ate two pieces.. I tried to give him some crickets, didn't eat ANY. Tried to give him his favorite fruit, watermelon, as well but he didn't do anything to it!

And even more concerns, I switched my bulb to a mvb bulb because the old one was getting old.. Now this one is horrible! The bulb is 100watts but isn't even reaching 103F like my last one! I'm using a probe.

He's been glass surfing like CRAZY and I don't know why,

He's very active and alert, his poop is more watery, please help!!!!

[Age: 2-3months
L: 8in
Enclosure: 40gal
Feeders: Reptiworms, dubias, crickets, watermelon, kale, collared greens, mustard greens, escarole, butterworms
Lights: Reptisun T5 10(I think that's what it's called) mvb powersun 100watts

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You are using a Powersun in addition to a ReptiSun T5 tube? I would use one or the other in the main tank. The UVB might be too intense which could cause him to glass surf and want out. The 100w PowerSun should sit 8-12'' above the basking area on it's own to produce adequate UVB exposure while the T5 should be about 12-14'' above the basking area. I would use one or the other. I prefer using a T5 in the main tank so you can use a halogen flood light to control heat independently.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Could be changes that have caused this. Switch back to a basking bulb and a reptisun t5 10.0, this should get him back on track. MVB bulbs are extremely hard to get adjusted (temps and, uvb distance). Dragons don't like change at all. You have disrupted his Happy Place!!!

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi I just rechecked the tube and its a 5% UVB tube. Ill take it out if I have to and put the last basking bulb back in!

[brief update on my beardie, he ate a small piece of scrambled eggs and kale and his poop looks normal. Still very active and running around in his tank]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom