Really runny stool?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sara06

Hello fellow Beardie owners C:

So my baby girl, Chibi, has been having REALLY runny stool lately. For the past maybe week and a half to two weeks it's been very liquified. Now, she doesn't eat much vegetables (virtually none) and her diet consists solely on 5 super-worms a day. I'm thinking that maybe the super-worms aren't giving her enough nutrition/have too high of a water content? Would deterring her towards vegetables (kale) more and lessening the amount of super-worms affect it?
I'm hesitant to take her to the vet because I need to save money for school :( . But of course, I will if need be. Just trying to keep it as a last resort.
Chibi doesn't show any other signs of a parasitic infection. Her temperatures are in a good range and are constant. She's not lethargic and still has plenty of an appetite. It's just whenever I give her vegetables she throws a tantrum and makes a giant mess of it :?

Any thoughts as to what the cause of her runny stool could be? I heard stress can cause it but for nearly two weeks??
Your opinions are much obliged!!

Thank you! :blob8:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If it has been going on for a couple of weeks it could still be an upset stomach from diet but it might be worth having a fresh sample tested for parasites. Especially if it is really smelly. I would reduce the superworms to an occasional treat and focus on veges as well as a variety of bugs like roaches, crickets, silk worms, black soldier fly larvae etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom