Mounting 24" T5 UVB in enclosure without lid

Status
Not open for further replies.

SydneyGaia

Hatchling Member
I just ordered this fixture/reflector and a T5 Arcadia 12% for my beardie. I currently have the 36x18x18 front-access exo terra viv for my juvy, and will be upgrading to larger in the near-ish future.

Anyway, I currently do not have a cover on it and am lowering the MVB and dome in with a lamp stand. I suppose that, if I really had to, I could place the cover on it to mount it and then have the basking light resting on the screen. However, I do not want to do that.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to mount a florescent tube in a viv without a top on it, and still have it down-facing (because of the reflector)?

Thank you!

Fixture: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K2AY8EW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

SydneyGaia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok - I put the screen on and raised up the MVB just to show you what I am playing with. How in the world will I have heating and UVB in the basking spot (see pictures)? The UVB fixture will be hanging right under the heat bulb, which would melt it -- but there isn't room for both otherwise? Do I need to buy a smaller dome?? Hmmm...

full

full

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I leave the top off of mine and just suspend the basking light from an adjustable stand and the UVB tube fits across the top sitting on a cross brace that goes over the center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom