Lethargic Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddpaige

Hello!

As of recently I have noticed that my bearded dragon likes to lay in the same spot almost all day everyday. She is in a 55g tank and her temperatures are always 95-100 and the cool side reaches 75. Humidity is also at 30-40. So everything looks good to me but I notice that whenever I take her out of her tank, she turns back to her creamy color instead of a dark brown. I think she just hates being in the tank?? She eats like a champ and loves her meal worms especially with calcium powder sprinkles on top. She also won’t poop inside her tank she will wait til she is outside. So strange. I don’t know if I should be worried that she is acting this sluggish.
100864-9662900744.jpg
100864-5348884528.jpg
I have a 10.0 UVB bulb and a 150 watt basking bulb. I also give her a bath everyday to soak up water and I mist her before bed every night.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like she is just basking and when you take her out she lightens back up (they darken to absorb light/heat). It's also common for them to wait until they are out of their tank to poop (or poop away from where they spend time). This is good and you can eventually train them to poop in a specific (easy to clean) area by developing a routine which keeps the tank much more sanitary.

Is your UVB light a compact bulb? That may not be powerful enough in a tank that size and being filtered through a screen top. I suggest investing in a T5 tube like this one to put across the top of the tank http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/22-t-5-ho-fixture-high-output-with-arcadia-d3-12-ho-bulb/

Bmjo

Hatchling Member
ddpaige":1wb4mc4i said:
Hello!

As of recently I have noticed that my bearded dragon likes to lay in the same spot almost all day everyday. She is in a 55g tank and her temperatures are always 95-100 and the cool side reaches 75. Humidity is also at 30-40. So everything looks good to me but I notice that whenever I take her out of her tank, she turns back to her creamy color instead of a dark brown. I think she just hates being in the tank?? She eats like a champ and loves her meal worms especially with calcium powder sprinkles on top. She also won’t poop inside her tank she will wait til she is outside. So strange. I don’t know if I should be worried that she is acting this sluggish.
100864-9662900744.jpg
100864-5348884528.jpg
I have a 10.0 UVB bulb and a 150 watt basking bulb. I also give her a bath everyday to soak up water and I mist her before bed every night.
Stop feeding mealworms they are hard to digest and have poor nutritional value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom