Keeping Beardie Entertained

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilmikehoo

Hi! A newbie here! I was wondering if there are ways to keep a beardie entertained, such as toys, mirrors, etc. I feel guilty sometimes when I can't entertain him myself and he's just sitting there, looking like he wants to do something! lol!!

Bmjo

Hatchling Member
evilmikehoo":3g7errnx said:
Hi! A newbie here! I was wondering if there are ways to keep a beardie entertained, such as toys, mirrors, etc. I feel guilty sometimes when I can't entertain him myself and he's just sitting there, looking like he wants to do something! lol!!
I wouldn’t put him by a mirror i was in the bathroom giving my beardie a bath and he seen his reflection and started going crazy. Let him explore around safe areas and handle him

Blackenedsabbath

Hatchling Member
If you meant within the tank, there are plenty of things available for bearded dragons to climb on. If your beardie likes to climb a lot you could get some interesting pieces of driftwood from pet stores or huts for him to climb on top of or hide underneath. Hammocks are a popular choice, and you can put them at different levels to make a climbing course :). There are some bearded dragons that enjoy sitting on small plush toys too, it all depends on their personality.

As for out of the tank, exploring beardie-proof areas are always fun for them. If you have any other pets just make sure they are out of the area while your beardie is running around, and be aware of small spaces he could scurry under or into.

SydneyGaia

Hatchling Member
In the tank, some beardies take to pushing around a ping pong ball. My last one did not, but I have heard of ones that enjoy a ping pong ball in their viv (standard size, so it cannot be swallowed).

Bmjo

Hatchling Member
As crazy as it sounds sometimes my beardie moves his rock not far but sometimes i walk in and it’s moved a couple inches

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah I've noticed that they enjoy being in an active area as well. I keep my tank in the living room right in the middle of the action. I've also found that they really like spending time on a window sill looking outside.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Highlight of Fluffy's day is human meal time, she loves watching us cook and gets very inquisitive about all the cooking smells , especially if something aromatic.... remember she's a rescued ex-wild skink who spent most her live fending for herself outside so the cooking smells are all new to her.

SDragons

Juvie Member
My guy loves, loves, loves climbing in his 4 ft Christmas tree that is up year round beside the patio door.

It has a heavy terracotta base that keeps it stable and he uses for climbing up.

85940-1603224273.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom