Need help naming my new baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
If I had the babies in my hand and could twist the tails I might have a better idea or a positive I.D.. Both are too hard to tell right now, I think in a month we'll be able to see it clearly on both of them.

Rayn3bow09

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I know it’s off topic...but... I just wanted to kno if the greens inside of baby spring mix are safe to feed him. I know he is supposed to eat mostly crickets.. and he does.dusted also. I haven’t introduced greens to him yet. But I bought a container of this baby spring mix.. the ingredients say...green leaf mizuna..green romaine..tango..green oak..green chard..spinach..arugula..frisee..tatsoi..red chard..red leaf..Lolla Rosa..red romaine.. red mustard..radicchio..red oak, beet tops.. lmao wow that’s a lot of stuff I’ve never even heard of.. but maybe more experienced beardie parents know a bit more..

These are two useful lists of safe and harmful food: http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html.
I only took a quick look at your mix and these lists but I would say no to your mix. Generally, you want to stay away from anything that has "lettuce" in the name. I suggest collard greens, mustard greens, squash, etc.

For names: Personally, I named my beardie after what I'm interested in and not what he looks like. I like space and fantasy so top options for me were Zeus and Orion. I ended up naming mine Zeus. Naming your beardie is really only something you can do so I can't recommend specific names, but I can recommend a name that has a meaning to you. Hope that helps even though it has very broad lol.

How old is he/she? And is this your first one? Good luck with your new dragon.

I use an organic triple washed spring mix about once a month during the summer. There’s so many greens in it, the “lettuce” is pretty minimal. When I tear it into pieces, it’s easy to toss the few leaves of lettuce to the bugs instead along with harsher stems.
It’s easy for travel and limited space since there’s a variety without having 5 bags of different greens for a baby dragon.

Rayn3bow09

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
roboboy542":1ny9mhp1 said:
These are two useful lists of safe and harmful food: http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html.
I only took a quick look at your mix and these lists but I would say no to your mix. Generally, you want to stay away from anything that has "lettuce" in the name. I suggest collard greens, mustard greens, squash, etc.

For names: Personally, I named my beardie after what I'm interested in and not what he looks like. I like space and fantasy so top options for me were Zeus and Orion. I ended up naming mine Zeus. Naming your beardie is really only something you can do so I can't recommend specific names, but I can recommend a name that has a meaning to you. Hope that helps even though it has very broad lol.

How old is he/she? And is this your first one? Good luck with your new dragon.

I really like space themed names too.. I have a cat named Luna and we were thinking Cosmo.. not sure yet tho. I think he is about two months old.. yes it’s my first beardie! Can’t believe it took me this long in life to own one!!

SydneyGaia

Hatchling Member
My last beardie was a female and I named her "Gaia." Gaia is mother nature in Greek mythology. I received a lot of compliments on her name, it was fairly unique. An equivalent to Gaia in Roman mythology is "Terra."

As for males, the god of the earth in Greek(?) mythology was "Geb".

If you want a unisex name, how about "Sydney" (like the capital of the country that they are indigenous to)? That's my current beardie's name.

Look at the names of different gods in different mythology (Greek, Roman, Mayan, Incan) -- lots of cool beardie names are there, and it gives them a meaning to explain to people too!

Rayn3bow09

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
SydneyGaia":1mtqpkqp said:
My last beardie was a female and I named her "Gaia." Gaia is mother nature in Greek mythology. I received a lot of compliments on her name, it was fairly unique. An equivalent to Gaia in Roman mythology is "Terra."

As for males, the god of the earth in Greek(?) mythology was "Geb".

If you want a unisex name, how about "Sydney" (like the capital of the country that they are indigenous to)? That's my current beardie's name.

Look at the names of different gods in different mythology (Greek, Roman, Mayan, Incan) -- lots of cool beardie names are there, and it gives them a meaning to explain to people too!

Sydney is a perfect name.. and I would have instantly named him/her Sydney... if my calico cats name wasn’t already Sydney!! Lol she stole the good name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom