Need help with lightning and proper sleep schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

anyalyssa

I have active house, and there's always some kind of activities going on in every room all day and night. We keep our rats in the den, the cat comes and goes from one bedroom where her food and box are setup, and with me being awake a night, the kitchen and bathroom are also in constant use.

My room is the only room that is kept completely dark or quiet for any length of time, and I need total darkness to sleep, so I couldn't give them light while I'm sleeping during the day. My room also stays too cold for dragons.

What should I do? How can I cover them without restricting air flow?

We have been keeping them on a reversed light schedule, 6pm to 6am is when their lights are on, but I was told by a breeder that I'll need to correct that if I want to breed mine later.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I think that as long as they have a consistent day/night schedule they can adjust to when in the day that is. They do pretty well in active areas though and if you can provide hides for them to sleep in or maybe some fleece blankets they can burrow under, the lights and activity around them shouldn't be a big bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom