My Beardie keeps spasming its head and im worried

Status
Not open for further replies.

W0LF960

My dragon Runa keeps spasming her head and i dont know what is going on, i need assistance. Today we gave her a lot of live crickets, she is only 7 months old and i dont know what it is really.

Edit - its been almost a full day and she started up again at evening, the rest of the day was fine, vet said she was in perfect health, heres the vid

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xbsJkFMqNE8

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Can you get your camera or cell device to make a video and then upload it so show us what you are talking about ?

Also …

a very detailed rundown of it's tank layout,
the exact lights used and how they are installed,
the feeding schedule,
the lighting schedule,
the diet,
the temperatures.

And how long has this been going on ?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You can upload your video to a host like vimeo or youtube and then link to it here using the URL tag when you reply.

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
You beardie is seeing her reflection and is freaking her out you beardie thinks there is another on the other side you can put something to block that like gift wrap.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How long has your dragon been having these spasms?
Can you review your tank setup for us, such as the type/brand of UVB, supplementation, etc
so we can be sure it is all correct?
I see that her head is shedding, but I don't think that would affect her behavior quite like that.
It could be the start of calcium deficiency problems. I am glad to hear she is eating a good
amount still.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Beardeddtagonlover":s8mcxslc said:
You beardie is seeing her reflection and is freaking her out you beardie thinks there is another on the other side you can put something to block that like gift wrap.

I think this not a response to reflections.

I believe it's either
> a neurological issue
or
> very irritated eye or ear .…. a vet needs assess this and determine the cause .

I see a bit gritty stuff laying about , some might be between the eye and eyelid or eyesocket and will make the eye very itchy.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, sorry that your girl is having such an issue, I know it's scary for you. Definitely a neorological problem or inner ear . Was she bathed anytime before this ? Sometimes water in the ear can cause imbalance. And how many crickets did she eat ? I doubt that has anything to do with it but you never know. Interesting that she took the time to eat something quickly from the floor. What type of supplements do you use + what uvb bulb ? Lack of calcium and vitamin B can cause motor skill problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom