My Beardie keeps spasming its head and im worried

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

My Beardie keeps spasming its head and im worried

Postby W0LF960 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:34 pm

My dragon Runa keeps spasming her head and i dont know what is going on, i need assistance. Today we gave her a lot of live crickets, she is only 7 months old and i dont know what it is really.

Edit - its been almost a full day and she started up again at evening, the rest of the day was fine, vet said she was in perfect health, heres the vid

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xbsJkFMqNE8
Last edited by W0LF960 on Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
W0LF960
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: My Beardie keeps spasming its head and im worried

Postby kingofnobbys » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:34 am

Can you get your camera or cell device to make a video and then upload it so show us what you are talking about ?

Also …

a very detailed rundown of it's tank layout,
the exact lights used and how they are installed,
the feeding schedule,
the lighting schedule,
the diet,
the temperatures.

And how long has this been going on ?
CBDs: Puff (M)(RIP 10Dec2015 @ 3.2 yrs old (aneurism)),Rex (F)(RIP 16Mar2017 @ 4.6 yrs old,Toothless (M)(sudden unexplained death RIP 26Nov2017) @ 2.1 yrs old.Peppa (F) (born 15Nov2015).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : Lucky (M)(wild juvenile), cat attack rescue, fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.Wriggles (F)(rescued injured),thought she was a big lizard, 7-8 yrs old, died in her sleep, RIP 2Feb2016). Fluffy (F) rescued 14Nov2017 about 4 yrs old . .
kingofnobbys
BD.org Addict

Postby CooperDragon » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:50 am

You can upload your video to a host like vimeo or youtube and then link to it here using the URL tag when you reply.
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

Postby Beardeddtagonlover » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:10 pm

You beardie is seeing her reflection and is freaking her out you beardie thinks there is another on the other side you can put something to block that like gift wrap.
Beardeddtagonlover
Hatchling Poster

Postby Drache613 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:28 pm

Hello,

How long has your dragon been having these spasms?
Can you review your tank setup for us, such as the type/brand of UVB, supplementation, etc
so we can be sure it is all correct?
I see that her head is shedding, but I don't think that would affect her behavior quite like that.
It could be the start of calcium deficiency problems. I am glad to hear she is eating a good
amount still.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie
Drache613

Postby kingofnobbys » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:20 am

Beardeddtagonlover wrote:You beardie is seeing her reflection and is freaking her out you beardie thinks there is another on the other side you can put something to block that like gift wrap.

I think this not a response to reflections.

I believe it's either
> a neurological issue
or
> very irritated eye or ear .…. a vet needs assess this and determine the cause .

I see a bit gritty stuff laying about , some might be between the eye and eyelid or eyesocket and will make the eye very itchy.
CBDs: Puff (M)(RIP 10Dec2015 @ 3.2 yrs old (aneurism)),Rex (F)(RIP 16Mar2017 @ 4.6 yrs old,Toothless (M)(sudden unexplained death RIP 26Nov2017) @ 2.1 yrs old.Peppa (F) (born 15Nov2015).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : Lucky (M)(wild juvenile), cat attack rescue, fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.Wriggles (F)(rescued injured),thought she was a big lizard, 7-8 yrs old, died in her sleep, RIP 2Feb2016). Fluffy (F) rescued 14Nov2017 about 4 yrs old . .
kingofnobbys
BD.org Addict

Postby AHBD » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:06 am

Hi there, sorry that your girl is having such an issue, I know it's scary for you. Definitely a neorological problem or inner ear . Was she bathed anytime before this ? Sometimes water in the ear can cause imbalance. And how many crickets did she eat ? I doubt that has anything to do with it but you never know. Interesting that she took the time to eat something quickly from the floor. What type of supplements do you use + what uvb bulb ? Lack of calcium and vitamin B can cause motor skill problems.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER