Something wrong with eye?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
So today Blaze right eye is all puffy and kinda sunken in!
She was crawling through the garden yesterday, could she have gotten something irritating in it?
It's odd, looks like the inside of her eyelid is swollen. I can try to get a photo if that would help?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, yes post a few pics of it. Try to flush it gently with plain saline. If it looks bad still after a few days you can use raw honey as an antibiotic ointment. Dilute it with 3 parts warm water + apply directly to the eye with a Q-tip or eyedropper. Make sure you have no loose insects hiding in the tank, esp. crickets.

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Unfortunately my camera is not working right :( I'm fixing it though, going to get photos later.
Anyway the puffiness seems to have gone down somewhat and she does not appear to be in distress about it.

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
AHBD":3nb370d1 said:
Might have just been a mild, temporary irritation. It will probably be fine. :)

Yeah, thats what I'm thinking mostly, but I do have photos now!
DSCN0912.jpg

DSCN0914.jpg

There is some odd looking redness on her lower eyelid, but thats on the other eye too, so I don't know if thats just her color! You can see that her eye is kinda sunken in. I Hope it just goes away!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Probably just some debris irritating it. It looks OK to me in those photos so hopefully it's all cleared out now.

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":l1so0ymw said:
Probably just some debris irritating it. It looks OK to me in those photos so hopefully it's all cleared out now.

Yeah, it seems much better today!
I guess I overreacted a bit because I really do love my little critter!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aside from looking perfectly fine, she is stunningly beautiful and should grace the cover of beautiful beardie magazine . :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom