Using tile for enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmjo

Hatchling Member
I bought ceramic tile for the bottom of buddy’s cage and i was wondering how do i clean them before putting them in his cage can i use dawn and hot water?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I used vinegar and water in a spray bottle w/ a little more vinegar added-- I use it all the time to clean his tank-- his poop stinks so bad and the vinegar and water really does a good job getting rid of the odor - paper towels and that spray bottle does the trick - I took all his tiles out today and cleaned them and the bottom of the tank which is glass --

Karrie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
if they have a glased impervious upper surface …. lift the soiled tile , take outside and hose it down , wipe dry and replace.

if textured , not smooth on top surface …. i'd wipe with a piece of absorbant paper towel, them give a spray with diluted F10SC …. (1:200 in water) , wait 30min to air dry …. done , return to tank.

note that tiles are designed to a very have porous underside …. this is what is important when gluing to walls and floors …. it sucks up moisture , the glue wont hold onto a glossy impervious surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom