Using tile for enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmjo

Hatchling Member
I bought ceramic tile for the bottom of buddy’s cage and i was wondering how do i clean them before putting them in his cage can i use dawn and hot water?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I used vinegar and water in a spray bottle w/ a little more vinegar added-- I use it all the time to clean his tank-- his poop stinks so bad and the vinegar and water really does a good job getting rid of the odor - paper towels and that spray bottle does the trick - I took all his tiles out today and cleaned them and the bottom of the tank which is glass --

Karrie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
if they have a glased impervious upper surface …. lift the soiled tile , take outside and hose it down , wipe dry and replace.

if textured , not smooth on top surface …. i'd wipe with a piece of absorbant paper towel, them give a spray with diluted F10SC …. (1:200 in water) , wait 30min to air dry …. done , return to tank.

note that tiles are designed to a very have porous underside …. this is what is important when gluing to walls and floors …. it sucks up moisture , the glue wont hold onto a glossy impervious surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom