New To The Hobby It's Exciting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MgGrows

Hi everybody. I have no reptile experience apart from a leopard gecko called Godzilla, that I had for a few years when I was a teenager. A few years after that I got into fishkeeping and have been into it ever since. Fish aren't hands on pets tho and that's what I'm after. I originally wanted to get a Jewelled lacerta but I've came to my senses knowing I'm lacking in experience. Long story short I've settled on getting a beardie. I've done loads of research online and bought the book The Bearded Dragon Manual 2nd edition, which has been read in full. I'm still in the planning stage, trying to get all the costs layed out. I'm hoping by Christmas I should be a beardie owner.

Apart from fishkeeping my other hobbies are house plants, just counted and I have 35 separate plants and beachcombing.

I have loads of things I still need to find out so expect new threads from me.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad you are doing your research ahead of time. I advise saving up for a high quality UVB light, perhaps building a large enclosure to start with, and if you are going to use dubia roaches as feeders, get your colony started soon so it is established and ready to go by this winter. If you have any specific questions please let us know and we'll be glad to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom