Irma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irma123

Hi, my names Destiny I have a bearded dragon named Irma idk if I’m doing this right but can someone please help. She’s been doing this thing with front left foot where she’s violently scratching against things then she will look at it and try to bite her nails like something hurts or bothers her it’s kinda like how females move their feet when a male is on top of them it’s like that but with one foot and idk if there is something stuck or if it hurts her idk can someone please help. It’s like she’s trying to get something off @ first I thought it was the nail polish but then wouldnt she be doing it with all her feet??? So I’m confused someone please help

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
That’s what’s irritating your Beardie. I would try to get the polish off with a qtip & a small amount of remover. You will probably need to wash it off all her feet. The remover might irritate her skin. Hopefully she is not biting her toes off. She looks like a lovable dragon. Please don’t paint nails again.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Irma123":5p9kexuc said:
Terry15":5p9kexuc said:
Did you put nail polish on her nails ?
. Yes
What type of nail polish? If it is the normal kind then yes it's irritating.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Guys, this is a learning lesson and should be a warning spread to all owners who use polish. Although it seems innocent enough and most polish is non toxic, beardies may instinctively bite at it, whether out of curiousity or because it looks like something to eat. Don't polish their nails, it may look cute to us owners but is irritating and possibly harmful and does nothing for the beardie.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
AHBD":210i9hro said:
Guys, this is a learning lesson and should be a warning spread to all owners who use polish. Although it seems innocent enough and most polish is non toxic, beardies may instinctively bite at it, whether out of curiosity or because it looks like something to eat. Don't polish their nails, it may look cute to us owners but is irritating and possibly harmful and does nothing for the beardie.
I have to say I haven't done that in a long while and thankfully the one I used washed off very easily in one or two baths.

But If It actually does irritate them I will stop It (which I Basically have) . Thank you for your Info. :)

Irma123

Original Poster
Terry15":bkp909gg said:
That’s what’s irritating your Beardie. I would try to get the polish off with a qtip & a small amount of remover. You will probably need to wash it off all her feet. The remover might irritate her skin. Hopefully she is not biting her toes off. She looks like a lovable dragon. Please don’t paint nails again.
. I didn’t what you said and took off all the nail polish but she’s still doing that thing with her hand I don’t think it was the nail polish couldn’t it be possible she has something stuck in her foot ?

Irma123

Original Poster
HippieLizards":173y96e4 said:
Irma123":173y96e4 said:
Terry15":173y96e4 said:
Did you put nail polish on her nails ?
. Yes
What type of nail polish? If it is the normal kind then yes it's irritating.
Yeah It was the regular kind of nail polish i took it off all her feet but she still does the thing with her foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom