It's been a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I haven't been posting like I used to but, after the loss of our son a year ago to brain cancer after an 11 year battle, things got a little weird for a while. I think it's time to regain my focus on the things I enjoy, (I think Robert would have wanted me to). I will stay away from the sad posts, as I don't think can take anymore saddnees right now but, I will be glad to help when I can.
So a few updates:
Peaches is doing fine and honery as ever. She now weighs 519g and 19" long and Still BOSSY as ever, LOL!!!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's nice to get back to things we love, it can help add a certain stability + at least a bit of fun + joy after going through a tragedy. I agree that seeing the " sad " posts can be too much when we are in fragile emotional state, and some can even cause anger when we feel like better action + care should be given to an ailing beardie [ or other creature.]

So have fun with the fun posts and the usual ones about dark tail tips, how many bugs to eat, guessing morph or gender and the beardie tales with a multitude of [ sometimes ] silly posts to reply to. :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome back =). I was glad to see some of your posts earlier. Of course you are welcome to join only the threads you wish to and we are grateful for any help you can provide to people.

dezismom

Juvie Member
Welcome back!! I remember you and Miss Peaches, the demanding but charming dragon...In fact, If memory is correct, I think you introduced the terms "master and slave" as applied to our incorrect thoughts of owning our beardies, Ha, ha! The terms have since become a part of the beardie lexicon here on this site. Some terms are so good, we all start to use them, like "hairy eyeball" and "sexy leg".

You have my deepest anguish and prayers for your loss. I have a son and cannot imagine what it has been like for you this past year...I hope your return signals a time of healing for you.

I am glad to hear that Peaches is doing so well. I do become attached to our regulars. I follow them like a true beardie geek, which I happily admit I have become. :) I look forwrd to hearing about you all and some photos, of course!! The one thing I love to do, besides serving my own masters, is gawk at other peoples beardies.:)

My big boy, DeziLu, is also doing well. He is almost four now, and still growing! He has reached just over two feet long--just a giant guy! And I love every inch of him. Since your last post, I have rescued a new beardie--a baby who was not going to live in the conditions she was in. She was completely black from distress, starved and so frightened that she was attacking anyone who approached her. (however, at only six inches long, she really could not do much damage) I named her Penny--that is what I paid for her. Now, she is almost thirteen inches, and just a beauty! She can be handled and is learning to trust. She used to open her mouth and bare her little teeth at me, which I found rather cute and charming. I would hold her, speak softly, and kiss her little "ferocious" self on the head. Now she cuddles up to me and hasn't bared her teeth in over a week. So now I am the slave of two wonderful masters! Penny and Dezi could not be more different in personality and looks, but I love them both just the way they are. Who can explain Lizard Love??

Welcome back again to our site, and the wonderful, wacky world of dragons.

Here are some recent photos of my masters

Dezi says welcome back, Peaches!
82765-9615518124.jpg

Miss Penny says greetings, Miss Peaches. I hope to grow up to be just as demanding and bossy as you are! my slave has already been well trained...
82765-5475630392.jpg

I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom