Rate my setup or any advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edayy

Hello everyone.!!! I just upgraded my baby beardie Mylo into his Exo Terra 36x18x18. And I am loving this tank. He has a Reptisun 10.0 T5 HO and a 100w Zoomed Basking lamp. I do have a screen on top but my beardie can get up close to the UVB as much as he likes. His basking spot is around 105 and his hot side around 96 and his cool side at 85. Any advice or is my set up good?
100743-839263550.jpg
100743-3479585545.jpg
100743-3009979618.jpg
100743-7065870594.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Looks great ! Lots of climbing areas which beardies love and are great for exercise+ muscle strength. Just watch that the hammock doesn't snag Mylo's nails. Other than that, very nice !

Edayy

Original Poster
Thanks.!!! and got it I hope he that he wont get stuck. Or hurt ima keep an eye on him

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree, looks great! Are you double checking the surface temps with an IR temp gun or digital thermometers with probes? Those are much more reliable (especially for surface readings) than the dial thermometers on the walls.

Edayy

Original Poster
I use my temp gun I got off Amazon :) But now hes losing a few grams and I have no idea :/ He was 18grams on Friday and today's hes 15 grams.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
OK good. His weight will fluctuate, that's normal. Keep readings and just track the trend rather than the individual readings.

Edayy

Original Poster
Thanks.! I just got my dubia roach colony and received 500 small nymphs to feed while I get my colony started. That should help him bulk up since I was only doing crickets and Phoenix worms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom