Please help me find out what is wrong with my beardys hand!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2 year old bearded dragon that I have noticed recently that his hand looks swollen and I have no clue what the cause is or if it is just a weird shed he climbs normally and does not seem to be in much pain unless I go to touch it if anyone knows what it is or how to treat it it would be greatly appreciated!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That may be gout, but not positive. Can you review your tank setup with us, such as they
type/brand of UVB light, supplementation, food & insects fed, temperatures, etc so we can
see if anything could be off a bit.
How long has his hand been swollen?

Tracie

Julietpantoulis

Original Poster
It has been swollen for a little less then a week he has a basking area that is 90 degrease and a cool side of 85 we have been using the zoo med uva light for food he usually gets a salad with kale belle peppers with strawberry’s (his favorite) peeled apples and grapes and bugs he gets crickets, meal worms, and I have been working on finding a place near me that I can get other bugs he could try he eats fine and poops regularly nothing has seemed off

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What are you measuring the temperatures with, a digital probe or temp gun?
Ideally, the basking spot/area needs to be in a range of 95-105F for adults with a cooler end
of around 78-82. What sized tank is he in?
Which type of UVB light are you using, is it a long tube style or a small compact/coil light?
Are any other areas on him showing any signs of swelling?

Tracie

Julietpantoulis

Original Poster
We use a digital thermometer that sticks to the inside of the tank on both sides to measure the temp for the uvb light we use a compact coil one and I cannot remember the exact size of his tank but it is definitely around 75

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Julietpantoulis":1l5t993f said:
We use a digital thermometer that sticks to the inside of the tank on both sides to measure the temp for the uvb light we use a compact coil one and I cannot remember the exact size of his tank but it is definitely around 75

Wattage and UVB rating on the compact coil ?
if not 25W it's too weak.
if not a 10% or UVB200 it's too weak.
if further than 8 inches from the basking spot even if a 25W UVB200 (or equiv) it's too far away.

The 75W bulb - is it a red bulb ? (bad)
if it's a Neodynium UVA basking globe ? (not good)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom