My cat attacked my beardie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElijahWalker

She has a scratch(?) on her arm after the cat clawed at her from under the door, and I think it is healing. She doesnt seem too bothered by it, but i think I should be concerned about it.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Cats have a lot of bacteria in their saliva so it may be infected. It looks swollen, is it ? If so I'd get her to a vet for antibiotics ASAP. You can also apply raw unpasteurized honey to kill bacteria + disinfect it.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
ElijahWalker":1nan5wjg said:
crop from your photo
cat_attack_looks_broken_to_me.png

That looks like a broken arm in that photo as well as a penetrating claw and fang wound , it is DEFINITELY swollen.

I think this qualifies as a VET EMERGENCY …. don't mess about with this kind of cat attack injury as they become lifethreatening systemic infections VERY FAST - time is of the essence to get on top of the pathogens (viruses, bacteria that are on cat nails and teeth are very nasty and very hard to treat / kill).
I urge you to tell the vet the dragon is victim of cat attack and ask he take a very good look at the obvious injuries and check for other injuries caused by the cat (broken bones , organ damage (internal bleeding).

Honey will not cut it in this case. I speak from experience of rehabilitating a rescued wild skink who was attacked by a cat.
Powerful broad spectrum antibiotics (IM injections and oral) are what will be required and it's likely a long course and even then there are no guarantees your dragon wont succumb to a systemic infection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom