Harry the ResQ Wizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

ResQ

I found Harry in my suggested adds on Kijiji and felt a strong instinct to adopt him. He was kept in dirty substrate that had never been changed. He had severe MBD, a rotten tail he tried to drop and stuck shed. He was dehydrated, half blind and malnourished. But I felt like he was mine as soon as I looked at his photo. I needed him and he needed me. So the next day, spontaneous and impulsive as it was, I picked him up.
I haven’t had a bearded dragon for 4 years as I had to rehome my beloved Marty when I moved across the country. So I knew how to take care of a beardie but never had to heal a Beardie from such horrible conditions.
You’ll be glad to hear that after just two weeks his old stuck shed is almost gone! He has started straightening out his arms a bit more, and is actually starting to eat his greens from the dish! We’re going to continue to focus on his hydration and proper nutrition. I’ve been dropper feeding him blended greens and supplements along with grubpie. He gets 2ml twice a day (I know that sounds extremely low but anything more than that a day and h violently throws up) of these mixtures and we’re working up bit by bit to a full Adult diet! He’s very active now and loves his baths.
This is a top view of Harry two days after I got him. He looks much different now now I felt like a photo shows what I was working with when I got him.
100317-9954547057.jpg
100317-5259347246.jpg
100317-3856770457.jpg
If anyone has any advise please don’t hesitate to give it. I’ve done a lot of research and trial and error but I open to suggestions! Here’s a picture of Harry’s good eye and bad eye that I took today.
100317-8176945173.jpg
100317-9931093975.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad you found him! It looks like he's doing very well under your care. Go easy on the food as you said and just give him what he can handle. Keep him hydrated. Ease him into a balanced diet and he should continue to progress well =)

ResQ

Original Poster
100317-7851443332.jpg

Update on my little mans! He has grown like crazy this past month. He eats like a champ and he’s in shed again! He’s very very regular and has a great attitude! I’m so glad he’s come around and gotten healthier

:D It must have been painful to get a new home for the lil' guy... But your new one is lucky to have you as an owner. There is only a limited amount of things you can do for these fire - breathing beauties, but you are doing the best for him :)

ResQ

Original Poster
ScaryDemonDragon":neeoqgb6 said:
:D It must have been painful to get a new home for the lil' guy... But your new one is lucky to have you as an owner. There is only a limited amount of things you can do for these fire - breathing beauties, but you are doing the best for him :)
His colours are coming out nicely and he’s moving like a bullet now! Thanks for your nice comment. I’ve reaaaally been trying to help Harry in the best way.

ResQ":77e7epyz said:
ScaryDemonDragon":77e7epyz said:
His colours are coming out nicely and he’s moving like a bullet now! Thanks for your nice comment. I’ve reaaaally been trying to help Harry in the best way.
You can't find many Beardies in good condition, and it is honestly sickening to see them in bad conditions. When we got our lizard Peaches she was missing a toe, but it was her fault (SMH). She attacked most of the other ones and took off some toes :puke: lol mean ole' Peachies girl

OhMyNord

So sad to see him in such a bad condition, but he's very lucky you went and got him! Hopefully it's onwards and upwards for this fella now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom