Tail issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Hello everyone,
Ever since my beardie had his tail injury I've always been watching his tail. I am not sure if this is normal looking but want to keep tabs on this.

92311-5308646369.jpg
92311-6391295208.jpg

I was giving him a bath and noticed that his end part of the tail is a bit darker. Just want to make sure everything is okay with his tail.

Thanks.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What initially happened to the tail? Did it develop the curves in it after the initial injury?
It looks like it has healed up but the darkness in that area I would keep a watch over to be
sure there isn't any infection there.

Tracie

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hi Tracie,
It was an accidental mishap when the terrarium front opening doors got wedged in as I was closing them. He started to squirm and then I realized his long tail got stuck in the doors. I immediately opened and noticed the kink and applied the betadine iodine solution / raw honey on it for a good month. I went to the vet and he said it was nothing to worry about if anything it would just fall off. He didn't think he needed to do surgery or anything. Ever since then, he has been having some difficulty shedding in that area but I just keep giving him direct shed sprays/ bath soaks.
He seems fine otherwise. Active + Alert eats really good. The only thing is if I touch his tail it's really sensitive so I am not sure if its still bothering him or maybe he just more aware since of the injury. He is no longer in the front opening terrarium and in a 4ft x 2ft x 2ft wooden enclosure so the glass doors are sliding, making it way easier and better so his poor tail doesn't get caught again.

In the previous shed, he was going through there was some stuck shed scales but I figured to let nature run its course and just left it alone so I'm not sure if it's just maybe retained shed or something more serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom