ABNORMAL URATE COLOR D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakai

ive read abt posts saying that orange colored urate indicates an excess of calcium, and i have no idea why. I was sure to be careful to not overdust! (im using repashy calcium plus btw, and she gets to sunbath frequently as well)? Also, my girl Daenys has both color urates.
92108-5719269435.jpg
should i be concern? what is happening? is thr anythin i can do? D:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What else is in the Repashy calcium plus & how often do you give that to her?
Are her urates always discolored or just sometimes?
It is a pretty frequent occurrence for them to have discolored urates from time to time.
Maybe increase the oral fluids a little bit to see if that helps out.

Tracie

Sakai

Original Poster
Drache613":17dp7y5e said:
Hello,

What else is in the Repashy calcium plus & how often do you give that to her?
Are her urates always discolored or just sometimes?
It is a pretty frequent occurrence for them to have discolored urates from time to time.
Maybe increase the oral fluids a little bit to see if that helps out.

Tracie

hello Tracie thank you so much for replying. Im sorry but im not sure what u mean by whats in the calcium plus?? If you mean the ingredients heres a pic.
92108-1059967648.jpg
She takes them every 3-4days since thats when she'll be having her dubias as well and ocassionally, I add a bit of them to the veggie slurry i made for her (she wouldnt eat her greens on her own)
And yea, there was a time or two that her poop displayed such a color but it has been a few months since. And i thought i could avoid it if im careful with her calcium intake?

So how much water should i be giving her ? Her poop has like a pool of liquid surrounding em so i thought she was well hydrated.?

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom