SOMEONE HELP ME

Status
Not open for further replies.
100292-8028514404.jpg

help. This happened after his bath and he was moving even after I drained the water. At first he was perfectly still and then I put him under the light and then he started breathing and opening his eyes but he will not move the rest of his body!!!!!

KaylaHuffman00

Original Poster
Now he’s trying to crawl but he can’t actually stand up. It’s like he can’t physically stand up but he can move his arms back and forth...

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Do you think he drowned in the bath by accident ? or was super chilled in a bath that was too cold ?

Was he moving about and wriggling about and splashing with he tail and legs the whole time ?

It only takes seconds for bearded dragon to drown or aspirate water in the bath into it's lungs - this is bad .

I suggest returning him to his tank and keeping him warm as well as overnight (warmer than 26 degC) until he either recovers or you can get him in for an emergency reptile vet assessment (I wouldn't delay this , a vet should be able to put him the EW or recovery ward for 24hr observation and maybe treatment to try to save him).

If you can't get to a vet pronto , he needs to kept warm and all options to climb and fall removed from his tank.
When he goes to sleep watch him closely incase he goes into respiratory distress and place him a bed made so it's shaped like a slight wedge (so his bottom is higher than his head) to help any aspirated water drain from his lungs , and keep him warm (will help his lungs dry).

Good luck …. I hope he recovers and hasn't suffered any lasting health issues.

KaylaHuffman00

Original Poster
Thank you so much for responding. And no he never kicks and moves around the whole time he usually will for a little and the blow up and just float for a little bit. He was in the bath for maybe 10mins and he was moving after we drained the water. Then within seconds his mouth was opened and he was stiff and wouldn’t move at all until we placed him under the light. I’ve stayed up really late all night googling what it could be. I don’t think it’s impaction because his back legs are the exact same size, nothing looks swollen, and he poops twice daily, and I don’t believe he ate anything to big, we haven’t changed any of the feeding habits and we get the smallest crickets.

I checked on him this morning and he is thankfully still alive, we made it to where he wasn’t laying on his belly all night just Incase he did eat something too big. He is pretty much the same, he will not stand but he will slightly move his legs up and down and wiggle his tail. I cannot take him to the vet at this moment either and that kills me. I have 150 to my name because I just got my car out of the shop and a knew car battery. I’m just so sad that all these bad things are happening in a row...

If you have any other suggestions please tell me. I will do anything to help him.

KaylaHuffman00

Original Poster
I think my baby has gout and I’m not sure what I should do. I’ve read that they are always going to be in pain and it’s fatal for them.

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
Let's go over your set up first. I know people are thinking it's from the bath but we should get a background of information.
What size is the enclsore?
What type and brand is the uvb?
How close can he get to it?
Is there anything obstructing the uvb like a screen or lens?
What are the temps of the basking and cool end? What do you use to take temps?
How long have you had him?
How often are you dusting bugs with calcium and vitamin?

KaylaHuffman00

Original Poster
kyleena29":2srmksl5 said:
Let's go over your set up first. I know people are thinking it's from the bath but we should get a background of information.
What size is the enclsore?
What type and brand is the uvb?
How close can he get to it?
Is there anything obstructing the uvb like a screen or lens?
What are the temps of the basking and cool end? What do you use to take temps?
How long have you had him?
How often are you dusting bugs with calcium and vitamin?

He’s in a 10 gallon, but he wasn’t going to be for lone we were gonna build him a 75 gallon home made viv.

UVA lighting
100292-688759676.jpg
That’s what the pet place recommended and he also has a basking light that provides some UVA as well.
On the warm side of his tank it get to 105 if we don’t open the cage after hours and on the cool side it never goes above 85.
To measure heating we have 3 thermostats. We have the stick on one it came with. And then we have a zoo med one that measure the heat and humidity on the cool side. Then back on the hot side we have another zoo med one but it’s digital.
He gets no less than 6inches away from the lights, his hammock is pretty close to it. And we have dome lights.
He does have a screen that the lights sit on but he loves basking and when he’s done he will move to the other side over to the UVA light.
We’ve had him a little over a month now, we got him from petsmarts and they were underfeeding him and I think dusting the crickets food only. His fingers were disfigured and two of them he was missing.
We feed him 12-18 crickets per day and dust only 6-8 in the morning and then at night the crickets we give him are not dusted. We are not able to give him vitamin suplements for our petsmarts is always out of stock but we do give him baby food squash thts high in vitamin A once or twice per week. We also give him a variety of veggies and fruites such as carrots, peas, basil, yellow squash, and then strawberries, blueberries, and watermelon as a treat every once in a while, we also sometimes give him 2 meal worms like once every two weeks to switch up the protein a little.

Him not being able to walk, him just kind of slithering around all happened really suddenly. Also his front bottom half of his legs are a bit swollen and doesn’t seem like he can actually control them. And same with the back bottom half of his back legs.. his beard is black the majority of the time and it seems to me like he’s suffering...

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
That doesn't sound too good. He probably is in pain. Maybe he hurt his back somehow. The only thing I can suggest is the vet and I know you said you can't do right now. You could consider "Care credit" https://www.carecredit.com/ and find a vet that accepts it. You could try taking him out in some sunshine and see if he perks up or not.

KaylaHuffman00

Original Poster
100292-2177378652.jpg

We went to give him another bath because liquid kept coming out of him. He then preceded to have yellow urates in the bath. And then we started to rub his belly to help any poop that was stuck come out and then we saw this.. someone please tell me what’s Going on with Zeus..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom