Help confirm female?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'd say give it another month or two + then post pics again. It does look female in most of the pics but there is a slight shadow of a hemipene. Some males actually show very little until they are near the 6 month mark and once in a while it takes even longer while other males can be sexed as early as a week old..

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
No you can't base it off of femoral spores, they all have them. Males might be more prominent but that's not always the case. I would wait a month and try again.

Mrkngpen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks. I wasn't sure because the two females I've owned before never had any visible pores at all.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Mrkngpen":1wbdxsqm said:
Here are a couple where I tried to twist the tail. Do the presence of visible femoral pores at this size/age indicate probable male or not make a difference?

synQwy3l.jpg
This photo looks a bit male to me. But It's very hard to tell, I Agree with AHBD, I'd give it a month or so and see.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, the femoral pores are like those of a male but again, it can vary at times and a female will have them a bit more pronounced. That's why I think waiting for just a month or 2 longer will hopefully show us more. :)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Yeah. I Agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom