Smelly poo..

Discuss health questions, issues, problems, etc! For urgent issues please use the Beardie ER forum.

Smelly poo..

Postby Xanelic » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:51 am

When I opened Dog's enclosure his poo was on his basking spot but it was horrid..

I don't know if it means parasites because my sense of smell and hearing is extremely sensitive but I'm really paranoid because of the baby..

I did gag when I opened the tank but it looked healthy. The urate was white and completely fine while the poo itself also looked fine.

[Age: 2 months
Size: 6in
Feedings: Kale, collared greens, green mustard, squash, BSFL, butterworms,
Basking: 103F
Cool side: 76F
Recently shed
Had a vet check before he was brought home]
Xanelic
Newbie Poster

Re: Smelly poo..

Postby CooperDragon » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:54 pm

If it was well formed it may just be extra stinky because it was in the basking area. Nice and well cooked :puke:

Just clean the basking spot with vinegar and water and sanitize it with heat/steam or some veterinary disinfectant and it should be fine. If it continues for several weeks being unusually smelly, even when it's away from the basking area, then a check might be warranted but this may be an outlier.
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

Re: Smelly poo..

Postby Xanelic » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:34 pm

CooperDragon wrote:If it was well formed it may just be extra stinky because it was in the basking area. Nice and well cooked :puke:

Just clean the basking spot with vinegar and water and sanitize it with heat/steam or some veterinary disinfectant and it should be fine. If it continues for several weeks being unusually smelly, even when it's away from the basking area, then a check might be warranted but this may be an outlier.

Oh good!! I was super paranoid because I'm still a new beardie dad :D

I'll check up to see if its still a bit smelly away from the basking area, and if it is I did find a good exotic vet near me so I could give them a fecal check.. I did clean it up hours ago I just got the reply now!

((The baby beardie is sleeping in plastic leaves and on a log right now so he's super comfy :lol:
Xanelic
Newbie Poster

Return to Health