Big crickets and new owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! i’m a first time beardie owner and my 5month old beardie is around 13 inches. i got him on may 12. he eats mostly celery leaves, mustard greens, strawberry, cucumber, carrots, grapes, and occasionally tomatoes. he eats crickets that are a little bit bigger than he should eat but all i have near my house is hardware stores that sell large crickets. the nearest pet smart is about 30 minutes away so i use the ones from hardware stores. i do break off the legs so they are easier to eat but he eats them just fine and poops 1-2 times a day. he has never had a problem with eating them. He is in a 25 gal tank and i plan on getter my a very big one around december. he is very happy and is kinda hyper when i handle him but he still is young. considering the crickets are big, i give hime 6-12 a day and he FOR SURE is not under fed. he is quite plump actaully. haha! anyway i want to make sure i’m doing everything right and being a good owner. ask any questions you have and any feedback too.
100455-9520312924_small.jpg

100455-5403084140_small.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom