Help confirm female?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'd say give it another month or two + then post pics again. It does look female in most of the pics but there is a slight shadow of a hemipene. Some males actually show very little until they are near the 6 month mark and once in a while it takes even longer while other males can be sexed as early as a week old..

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
No you can't base it off of femoral spores, they all have them. Males might be more prominent but that's not always the case. I would wait a month and try again.

Mrkngpen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks. I wasn't sure because the two females I've owned before never had any visible pores at all.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Mrkngpen":1wbdxsqm said:
Here are a couple where I tried to twist the tail. Do the presence of visible femoral pores at this size/age indicate probable male or not make a difference?

synQwy3l.jpg
This photo looks a bit male to me. But It's very hard to tell, I Agree with AHBD, I'd give it a month or so and see.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, the femoral pores are like those of a male but again, it can vary at times and a female will have them a bit more pronounced. That's why I think waiting for just a month or 2 longer will hopefully show us more. :)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Yeah. I Agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom