Help confirm female?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrkngpen

Juvie Member
She (?) is 9.5" and 38g. I'm not sure of age but I'm guessing around 3 months.

Can anyone confirm female?

JRaKvIN.jpg

fQFNk63.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Probable female but there is a bit of something that might show if you take pics again but twist the tail ever slightly and get a few more pics. At that age there can be hemipenes that aren't showing much while others of the same size already show easily.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Yeah, I’d say Female as well. But it is slightly hard to tell. S/he seems to have very pretty Coloring/Patterning. :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The flashlight is great for sub adults + adults but doesn't work most of the time in babies + younger dragons.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Yes. The flashlight method Works Great. Just make sure to use a VERY bright flashlight and a very dark room for the best results.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Still looks female to me based on those photos because of the single large bump centered above the vent.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The pics do look female again there but twisting the tail is more helpful. If you want to be sure try again in a month or so and do the twisting just a bit more.

And here's a thread where the flashight did not work to determine the gender of a baby. But you can try it anyway to see what you get.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=240615

Mrkngpen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Here are a couple where I tried to twist the tail. Do the presence of visible femoral pores at this size/age indicate probable male or not make a difference?

synQwy3l.jpg

ulJTfA0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom