Need ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I want to take Hiccup out of his tank and let him run-- only problem I have is I dont want him getting under stuff -- like the couch or our big chair out in the LR-- hes still small enough he can get under it -- he was sitting on the big chair in the LR but he is now got to where he takes off and gets on the lamp table and is going so fast he falls off and hits the carpet-- what can I do to get him out -- I thought about my computer room where his tank is and in there he can get under the computer table and behind it of which we would never be able to get him w/ out completely moving it -- I am at a loss for getting him out --- even outside - I dont dare if I lost him out there he would be a goner-- the harness I got for him he outgrew -- it is for a baby -- couldn't even keep it on him he was getting out of it-- also I have one now that is bigger and has straps -- it is hard to even get that on him -- both ordered off of pampered beardies-- I would like so much to take him outside but I just dont know how to do it!

Thanks for any ideas anyone has

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The playpens are good for outside. Inside maybe you could put him in a window sill on a pillow and let him look outside with you next to him. That usually captures their attention pretty well. If you want him to roam around a room you could try blocking off furniture you don't want him to get under with pillows or cardboard etc so he doesn't have anywhere to hide. I've found it helpful (especially when they get older) to put a portable basking light up in the room so they can return to that when they get cold rather than finding a cozy spot and napping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom