Not Cuddling

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Not Cuddling

Postby jayy » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:54 am

So I have had Lizzie almost a month now. She is still a juvenile but about a couple weeks ago she began to cuddle and love me. These past few days however, she seems to just want to jump out of my arms every time i try. Now when I put her back she has her tail curled up and I read that it’s a sign of aggression. I don’t know what I did wrong and i’m honestly starting to get a little worried because I really don’t want my Lizzie to hate me. Please offer some tips and suggestions!
jayy
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Not Cuddling

Postby CooperDragon » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:58 am

Tail curled up is more often a sign of alertness and curiosity. That's probably why she wants out. Not really a sign of her not liking you but her wanting to roam around and see what's going on. It's pretty normal behavior and the tail up while she's wandering is a sign of contentment as I interpret it.
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

Postby jayy » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:58 pm

CooperDragon wrote:Tail curled up is more often a sign of alertness and curiosity. That's probably why she wants out. Not really a sign of her not liking you but her wanting to roam around and see what's going on. It's pretty normal behavior and the tail up while she's wandering is a sign of contentment as I interpret it.

I’ve noticed she has really bad stress marks and her beard is dark when all this is going on, is that normal as well?
jayy
Newbie Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:23 pm

The term stress marks is misleading. The dark lines and patterns are common on young dragons and the darkening is more often related to them trying to warm up/bask than mood.
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion