Beardie has 3 parasites help :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my 7month old beardie had been acting lazier than usual for about a month, his poop started smelling terrible and really watery. I decided to take him to the vet a few days ago and the fecal test showed coccidia, gidaria and whipworms :( . They put him on a deworming treatment pancur,strongid and metroni. They gave him his first treatment there and said to come back in 3 weeks for a 2nd and in another 3 weeks bring in a fecal to see if hes better if not another treatment. Within the first day he started acting alot more lively so im glad hes feeling better but what could have caused it. I feed him dubia roaches and collared greens. I let him try a hornworm and also fed him black soldier fly larvave for about 2 weeks then switched back to dubias I also let him bask in my backyard for about 30 minutes every other day but i make sure he doesnt eat anything from outside.Sorry for the long post i just want to know what caused it and how to help him thanks for any help !!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's possible that he's had them in low amounts since you got him but they were able to take hold and flare up recently for some reason. Those are good meds so hopefully they help quickly and he will be back to his old self soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom